"Rounders".....draft underway...taking wait list. Topic

I'm in
1/14/2014 12:03 PM
I might be interested, but I have a couple of questions:

Why no interleague play?  Is that option not available?
I've never seen the "career winning %" draft slotting formula.  Did you just make that up or borrow that from another league?  If it's borrowed, how did it work out?  Is it based on the franchise or the owner?  What happens if an owner switches franchises?  Or if a new owner takes over an existing franchise?
1/14/2014 1:27 PM
welcome papabilly....owner #5
1/14/2014 3:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I thought you all might be interested in an archive of articles from the old baseball magazine "the sporting life". I've included a link to the front page of an 1885 paper which describes the sale of the buffalo team to Detroit, an interview with King Kelly in which he describes a bet with Charlie Buffington, a box score and description of the game between Detroit Wolverines and New York Giants (pitcher Lady Baldwin is batting cleanup!) and more fascinating features. If you are into "rounders" you have to check it out: http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/SportingLife/1885/VOL_05_NO_24/SL0524001.pdf
The library.la84.org website has other publications too, including baseball magazine which started in 1914.
1/15/2014 5:55 PM
I'm interested, but not committed yet. I don't have time right now for another team but might have in month or two.
1/17/2014 4:58 AM

Would love to have you dc....looks like the way things are moving it'll be a few weeks before we get going.  I'll keep you in the loop.

1/17/2014 10:17 AM
welcome via smail just4me as owner #6.

One third of the way there.  Come on guys, some good owners in this early group!
1/17/2014 10:19 AM
Okay guys, here are just some of the guys you could own in year 1....

Legends (for many reasons) like Cap Anson, Ed Delahanty, Bid McPhee, Hugh Duffy, Billy Hamilton, King Kelly, John Clarkson, Jim Devlin, Pud Galvin, Kid Gleason, Tim Keefe, Charlie Comiskey, Connie Mack...and great names like Unknown Palmer, Phenominal Smith, Skyrocket Smith, Germany Smith, Oyster Burns, Bug Holliday, Dummy Hoy, Leech Maskrey, Chicken Wolf, The Only Nolan, Toad Ramsey, Dupee Shaw.

Come on in...the water is warm!
1/19/2014 10:04 AM
bump...still hoping
1/26/2014 12:38 PM
In
1/28/2014 4:36 PM
Hey I'm game
2/16/2014 11:25 AM
Sounds like fun. I'm in.
2/16/2014 11:43 AM
I am up for it.  Sign me up
2/17/2014 12:28 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
"Rounders".....draft underway...taking wait list. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.