how does simmy decide who to play where? Topic

I've never been able to figure out how simmy makes its recommendations for lineups/ In one league I have 2 shortstops. One is all 90s across the board defensively, but is not much of a hitter. The other is 70s across the board defensively, a little better of a hitter. When I ask simmy to makes recommendations, it puts the defensive wiz at DH and the other guy at short. First of all, neither of them hits well enough to be a DH, and secondly why would you not put the better defensive guy at short? It makes no sense to me.
1/10/2014 7:56 PM

What is the durability of both players?

I'm guessing that the 70's guy has higher durability, so SIMMY is recommending that he be the starter at SS.

I'm also guessing that you don't have a DH on your roster, and that of all the other non-starting position players, the 90's guy has the highest durability so he's being slotted into the DH spot.

1/10/2014 8:07 PM
and I'm guessing if you ever seriously consider simmy's recommendations for anything you're peepeeing up a rope. 
1/10/2014 9:50 PM
tec, that isn't it.  The guy with the better stamina is also the better defensive guy.   I don't really pay any attention to simmy's recommendations.  I was just curious how it comes up with a lot of the recommendations it makes.  They make absolutely no sense.
1/11/2014 1:06 AM
Can you post the players?
1/11/2014 9:00 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4053263
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5503083
1/12/2014 2:02 AM
Pulsiper has no secondary positions identified.  According to his settings, he can ONLY play SS.  Ozuna's secondary settings are set such that he can play anywhere, including DH.

Try giving Pulsiper some secondary positions, and see how Simmy reacts.
1/12/2014 7:14 AM
how does simmy decide who to play where? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.