Position changes anybody had success/failure... Topic

Any info/input on successful position changes, if so, what did and id not work?
1/10/2014 8:27 PM
I've had great success converting a couple of WRs to RB for my wishbone team.  Have not really dabbled much beyond that.
1/10/2014 10:29 PM
thanks, looking linemen...
1/10/2014 10:52 PM
Rather than converting a player, you may have more succes finding one from the subbing progression.  Here is the info from the knowledge base.

Following is the chart for the progression of looking for a player at each position to play out of position, broken down by each depth chart position and the progression of working through by player position. When a player is pulled by position, they are randomly pulled from your bench with no type of evaluation being made.

Position Progression
QB P - RB - WR - TE
RB WR - TE - QB
FB RB - TE - OL - WR - QB
WR1 'WR2' - RB - TE - DB - QB
WR2 'WR1' - RB - TE - DB - QB
TE RB - OL - QB - WR - LB
OL TE - DL - LB - RB - WR
DT LB - OL - DB
DE LB - OL - DB
ILB DL - TE - DB
OLB DB - TE
S LB - TE
CB LB - WR

1/11/2014 4:16 PM
Jhard,

Do you know if the position change penalty the same as it is when subbing a player as it is when converting a player?
1/11/2014 4:37 PM
I had great success at d3 converting defensive backs to running back, and at every level I've converted linebackers to defensive end.
1/11/2014 4:52 PM
Posted by chalvorson on 1/11/2014 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Jhard,

Do you know if the position change penalty the same as it is when subbing a player as it is when converting a player?
Chalvorson,
IDK, but I have seen & played teams that carried 4-5 TE's on their roster to offset only having 5 OL.  Missouri, had a coach that used this strategy a while back and he had decent success against my team.  If I remember correctly, the out of position penalty was loosened some time ago but I have no idea how it really affects gameplay.    Maybe your next project should be to pick up another team and test it   then share the results.
1/11/2014 7:16 PM
RB or WR to TE works pretty well.  And since most of us don't have many TE's , the WE will actually go up, not down !
1/11/2014 8:51 PM
Posted by jhard70 on 1/11/2014 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Rather than converting a player, you may have more succes finding one from the subbing progression.  Here is the info from the knowledge base.

Following is the chart for the progression of looking for a player at each position to play out of position, broken down by each depth chart position and the progression of working through by player position. When a player is pulled by position, they are randomly pulled from your bench with no type of evaluation being made.

Position Progression
QB P - RB - WR - TE
RB WR - TE - QB
FB RB - TE - OL - WR - QB
WR1 'WR2' - RB - TE - DB - QB
WR2 'WR1' - RB - TE - DB - QB
TE RB - OL - QB - WR - LB
OL TE - DL - LB - RB - WR
DT LB - OL - DB
DE LB - OL - DB
ILB DL - TE - DB
OLB DB - TE
S LB - TE
CB LB - WR

This is interesting.  jhard, so if I read your follow up post correctly, you think there is a minimum (if any) in-game penalty if a TE comes over to fill in on the OL?
1/12/2014 12:25 PM
I believe the in-game penalty was reduced when they eliminated user control of depth charts with the rollout of 2.0.  (I believe an adjustment was made after Norbert took over)  With limited control in 2.0, you can see how some of the position progressions would make it difficult to compete if you lost players to injuries or didn't have enough depth on your roster.
1/13/2014 1:30 AM (edited)
Position changes anybody had success/failure... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.