The Original Draft League XLVI League# 46963 Topic

Posted by robocoach on 1/27/2014 7:47:00 AM (view original):
So I draft 24th and I get to give Ash the business? Awesome!
You will most likely be drafting at 21. Three returning owners have requested closer to 24.
1/27/2014 10:25 AM
Posted by felonius on 1/22/2014 9:28:00 PM (view original):
in
btw closest to 24
1/27/2014 12:24 PM
closest to 1 for me....gettin a top 6...cant wait
1/27/2014 12:38 PM
Posted by natenoy on 1/27/2014 6:56:00 AM (view original):
Smokey "new" owners have ALWAYS been given slot selection priority AFTER ALL returning owners in this league. We all had to deal with that our first season "or non-consective returning" seasons in this league. NO WAY is it fair that a new replacement team inherits the slot selection priority of the guy he replaces.
I know, the 1st list on pg1 is just the owner list and is based on order of entry. Newbies are seeded last in the draft by order of entry. We're good.
1/27/2014 2:43 PM
We're in good shape for ODL XLVI, so smoke dog's going to enjoy what little time he has left in the PO's...60w's..crap. Guess I'll go work on a game plan now..lol.
1/27/2014 3:01 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 1/27/2014 2:35:00 AM (view original):
If anyone cares to know..I write the 24 names on identicle size pieces of paper (3x3") using a 3 letter symbol. Then each piece of paper is folded into quarters and put in a box (4x8x10"). The box was shaken, rolled and then the dog & I played with it. After which I pulled a name (zeus has no thumbs) that owner went in the atlantic div. Then I shook the box and picked again, that owner went in the central div and so on. Random enough??? 
lol - or you could just use a random number generator, which would be way easier.

I don't like the looks of my division. Dh and theyard, plus this guy thisredbox seems to know what he's doing...wild cards in scud and banditone...yikes
1/27/2014 9:06 PM
yea...i was thinking the same thing tarheel...gonna be tough
1/27/2014 10:58 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 1/27/2014 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by smokey57 on 1/27/2014 2:35:00 AM (view original):
If anyone cares to know..I write the 24 names on identicle size pieces of paper (3x3") using a 3 letter symbol. Then each piece of paper is folded into quarters and put in a box (4x8x10"). The box was shaken, rolled and then the dog & I played with it. After which I pulled a name (zeus has no thumbs) that owner went in the atlantic div. Then I shook the box and picked again, that owner went in the central div and so on. Random enough??? 
lol - or you could just use a random number generator, which would be way easier.

I don't like the looks of my division. Dh and theyard, plus this guy thisredbox seems to know what he's doing...wild cards in scud and banditone...yikes
Thanks tar. I wasn't very happy about being in your division, either. :)

BTW.."this guy"..?? Who says I'm not some hot 18 year old chick who just happens to love sports simulation websites, skimpy lingerie and Wikipedia-ing old basketball players from the 50's?? 

1/28/2014 10:30 AM
we're listening, tell us a little more about yourself sweetheart...
1/28/2014 8:59 PM
I think if I was, the bball sim would get a little more love from the admins. 

Although, truth be told...I do like sports simulation websites, skimpy lingerie and Wikipedia-ing old basketball players from the 50's.
1/28/2014 11:51 PM
We all know a computer is not capable of true random, for that you need 3x3 paper, a pen, a box & zeus...lol. Random or not I got the shaft again, the Atl & Pac are loaded for bear. Should be fun...
1/29/2014 4:23 PM
Box, I figured it at xmas, when you indicated that you thought Black Friday was a holiday of near biblical proportions. Then when I asked if anyone else would like to kick my DDL draft list in the ballz, you put a woman soccer player. Now let explore the skimpy lingerie part....   
1/29/2014 4:27 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 1/29/2014 4:23:00 PM (view original):
We all know a computer is not capable of true random, for that you need 3x3 paper, a pen, a box & zeus...lol. Random or not I got the shaft again, the Atl & Pac are loaded for bear. Should be fun...
Midwest is not an easy path either.
1/29/2014 8:03 PM
Actually, the Yarrow algorithm, among others, will generate a cryptographically secure PRNG that satisfies the next-bit test for statistical randomness, for instance in generating keys.

In addition, TRNG of various sorts are in use for gaming and other applications, I believe they usually use radioactive decay states as a source for genuinely random and unpredictable sourcing.

Now if you will excuse me, I dvr'ed Psych.
1/29/2014 10:33 PM
That's funny, being as an atomic clock uses ceasium decay rate to an accuracy of about 1 sec per 30 million years. That's pretty predicable..lol. As far as the Yarrow is concerned, I'm not all that worried that someone will steal the draft list..lmao.
1/30/2014 1:31 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...32 Next ▸
The Original Draft League XLVI League# 46963 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.