Theme based upon last place teams. Topic

One of my more successful teams in recent SIM history was a league where you were assigned 10 random last place teams and used players from those teams without twisting.

I'd like to run another theme based upon bad teams so we can use some new crop in the WIS database!

My thoughts are pick a year, and use players from all the last place teams from that season.  It would probably have to be a more modern theme, maybe only use teams from 1961-2013.

Discuss...
1/23/2014 4:22 PM
yes.  Might be fun.  I'd leave a higher cap on it so the random could mean a few good players.
1/23/2014 8:43 PM
I was thinking about running a franchise league but use the worst players at each position. Pretty subjective but it shouldn't be hard to put together a bad team!
1/24/2014 11:10 PM
This does sound like an interesting concept, and would certainly open up a whole new crop of players.
1/29/2014 11:33 AM
After getting constructive criticism and feedback from some WIS owners, going to run a theme where you select a franchise, and use players from consecutive seasons where that franchise was under .500 without twisting.

Will post in forum very soon!
1/30/2014 10:59 PM
Didn't players on the last place teams in the 1950s twist? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK0C9AYMd8

They must have been listening to Lawrence Welk and Glenn Miller. In which case they deserved to come in last ! 
1/31/2014 11:45 AM
Theme based upon last place teams. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.