Using a 700+ IP pitcher Topic

I am looking for some advice on how to use a pitcher with a ton on innings.  In a theme league, I am thinking about using the 1886 Toad Ramsey with 702 IP.  What is the best way to use him?  Due to the player pool in my theme, I am also considering using the 1908 Mordecai Brown who has 329 IP.  I have plenty of great relief pitching available and was wondering if there was a good way to use these two pitchers as my rotation.  If you have experience in this area, please share!

1/27/2014 1:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1) What boogerlips said. 
2) Ramsey SP 1, Brown either in a tandem with a 150 plus pitcher with good IP/G or a SP 2A/2B with an SP with a little more that, say 170. 
3) what boogerlips said.

1/27/2014 10:40 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=405928&page=1

This link, and many others on other topics, are included in the "Celebrating the Best of the SLB Forum" thread.
1/27/2014 10:43 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=2&TopicID=456171&page=-1#postBox

Might find this chart useful in deciding how to use him
1/27/2014 3:29 PM
There's a handful of strategies you could use with Ramsey and Brown, it all just depends on what you want to get out of Ramsey.

You can try to maximize your $$$ and get as many IP out of him as possible.
You can try to just use him effectively and not worry about his innings or how much your spending for him.

Within the second option there are a small handful of different methods to use. In the first option, you have basically two strategies, one that keeps him at or as close to 100% the whole season, the other which will have him pitch into the 90s frequently...
1/27/2014 3:34 PM
I once won a WS with Silver King and 1917 Ed Cicotte (365 RL IP).  I used them in a two man rotation with King getting a 115/135 pitch count and Cicotte set at 75/85.  I used them sparingly for the first 10 games of the season which was highly beneficial as the season wore on.  Specifically, whenever Cicotte dropped below 100% (I'm fanatical about only using 100% pitchers) I would drop King's max pc to 100 and pitch him in back to back games with him pitching in both games at 100%.  King started more than 90 games and started each one at 100%. The point being that considering Mordecai's only 330 innings, you might be hard pressed to use them in a two man rotation.  
1/28/2014 10:45 AM
Using a 700+ IP pitcher Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.