Great Job Opportunity in Allen D2 Topic

I wasn't going to advertise, because I know a bunch of forum ads gets irritating, and because this job is so good that I really expected it to get snatched up immediately. But, seeing as how it hasn't, and it's the last day of job applications, I thought I'd say something. 

Lewis is open in the GLV in Allen D2. They have A prestige and eight NT wins in the last three years (that's a title appearance, a first round exit, and an Elite Eight). They have four scholarships open and are in one of the top three conferences in Allen D2. They have an eight-year NT streak and are built to last. No rebuild needed. 

It really is a great conference. We have four coaches with national titles (all at different schools, most are relatively recent additions to the GLV) to their names, including oldresorter and his 15,000 career wins, plus two others with multiple Final Fours at their current school. We have a challenge going with the GLIAC every year, and that's lots of fun. 

If rebuilds are more your speed, Quincy, who has C prestige and three open scholarships, is also open. They have been human coached the past four years and have one NT appearance in that span. On the more extreme side, there's also St. Joseph's, with D+ prestige and six open scholarships. 

But seriously, Lewis is a great job. Would be a shame to see it go sim. 
1/28/2014 11:37 AM
Anyone who takes that Lewis job will also get an invite to the Bidwell Bash Invitational, a nonconference tourney I run for the top D2 Allen programs based on alblack's dynasty rankings (uses postseason success to rank the teams).  We've got 2 great rebuild opportunities in the CCAA too if a rebuild is more up your alley.
1/28/2014 1:45 PM
I just joined Allen guys. I have to start d3 obviously for this upcoming season but my plan is to come up and join one of these d2 conferences. Any good background info on the power conferences in d2?
1/28/2014 10:11 PM
muskies, come to the gulf south asap. We are #1 in RPI pretty much every season, and have been the dominant conference for the last 30 or so seasons. If we have no openings,  CCAA is a pretty strong #2 lately if the west coast is more your speed. GLV is also in the mix usually and have some very good coaches  you can't go wrong there.. 
1/28/2014 10:15 PM
Gulf South, CCAA, GLV, and GLIAC are all pretty strong. Hard to go wrong with any of them. The Gulf South has been the traditional power, with the CCAA the primary challenger, but the GLV (which was running 4th or 5th) got an influx of coaching talent over the last couple seasons, and we're making a run for it. Next year will be the first year that the most recent additions have teams constructed entirely of their own recruits, so it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. 

Of course, a lot will depend on what jobs are open next offseason. If Lewis is still open somehow, it's a no-brainer. We would, of course, love to have you. 
1/28/2014 10:47 PM
Lewis filled. Quincy and St. Joe's still open
1/28/2014 11:12 PM
Thanks guys. I really enjoy playing this game with you two in other worlds so I will look at your
Conferences season after next. Apreciate it fellas!
1/29/2014 12:07 AM
Great Job Opportunity in Allen D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.