*Best Addition to GD* (Must Read!!!) Topic

I propose the greatest addition to this game since we decided to fire Jconte and ban Snake for life. I propose we add in JUNIOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Yes you read that correctly just like in Hoops Dynasty where you can recruit sophmores and Juniors to come in and fill major needs for your team.

The benefit of having JC football teams would be having guys who already know formations and systems and could be plugged into your system and benefit you as opposed to having to go get a freshman and being SOL. It would be fairly simple to add this in a few tweaks to recruiting and basically opening another division between D-3 and D-1 skipping D-2, D1AA you could go straight from D-3 to JC. I think it would an interesting new twist. I think it would increase popularity because the game would resemble Real Life more closely and make recruiting more dynamic.

Interested to hear what everyone thinks. Feel free to give your two cents. Having played two years of Junior College football I'm a bit biased but it's a lot of fun because you get one good recruiting class and you can dominate in JC ball. Let mw know what you guys think!???

1/28/2014 8:19 PM
If we cant get this game working correctly i dont think we should add something to complicate matters more for the developers.
1/28/2014 8:22 PM
Is it not working correctly?
1/28/2014 8:27 PM
JC wouldn't interest me much. I'd much prefer (albeit surely trickier) some sort of high school division.
1/28/2014 8:42 PM
I think JUCO would be pretty sweet and add a completely new dynamic to the game. Id be all for it.
1/28/2014 9:29 PM
Love the idea of being able to recruit Jucos like in HD!   Leftover recruits could go the Juco route and improve and then get reintroduced into the next season's recruiting pool with better ratings and IQ.   I'm surprised this isn't already part of the game.
1/28/2014 10:24 PM
I'd like for them to fix the quality of DBs before anything. I can't be the only one who's noticed a downward trend in the recruits at that position. THEN let's bring on the JUCOs. I think it would be a neat addition for sure.      

1/28/2014 11:18 PM
I agree lets take care of the issues at hand in the next couple of Months (3-4 to be realistic) then it would be awesome to see this implemented if it's feasible. I think it would make the game that much better. Plus much more dynamic and realistic.
1/29/2014 12:23 AM
I've thought about the idea of having a JUCO, HS or NAIA level. My thought process is a bit different though. 

I say you keep the coaching positions open to people who want to try the game out. Essentially, make it free to coach at one of those schools, but greatly limit the playability. Mainly, just a sampler so that people can actually start reading PBP and gain an understanding of the game. Or if someone is on the fence about the game, they can give it a try without paying anything. Likewise, even if those users don't keep up with their teams, since they'll mostly be controlled by the SIM, you don't really have to worry about teams tanking and such. Don't let them have playoffs, create formations, use advanced depth chart...etc. 

You can also use the players that are generated in the free division in the game. After each season, give the JUCO/HS/NAIA players the opportunity to transfer to a NCAA school. You could even set it up so that coaches have to convince the player to leave JUCO. 

There are definitely more important issues that need to be dealt with first. But I think something like this could really make the game even more interesting, while adding some marketing value. 

1/29/2014 1:02 AM
Yes, I agree with most of what you're saying. It would/might be hard to implement HS,NAIA and JUCO maybe all 3 is a stretch? Maybe not? The developers would have to chime in on what's feasible. 

I think it being free isn't going to happen, but I think it could be done to where you give out a couple free seasons and use it for marketing reasons to boost world populations and WIS bottom line. As well as it make this game even more fun to play.
1/29/2014 1:07 AM
If JUCO's came into play GPA should work like it does in Hoops. That way the ineligibles would have to leave for JC ball,  ha. And of course some guys couldn't pull off that SAT so you would have a Cameron Newton every 4-5 years. 
1/29/2014 1:08 AM
Here's this thread for reference, an idea I proposed awhile back. I think JF's suggestion is similar and a lot more plausible xD

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

1/29/2014 1:51 AM
I call Normandale Community College in Bloomington, MN --- better known as Harvard on the Hill, The 13th Grade, or CCJ (college closest to jefferson)
1/29/2014 1:58 AM
I like it.. would make it easier to balance out classes to fit your recruiting styles.
1/29/2014 1:11 PM
JUCO would definitely be a cool addition to the game.    I also like the High School approach.   I think the JC would be a lot easier to transition then high school but both would add a cool feature to the game.    Maybe each world starts off with just one JUCO conference.    I propose the Jayhawk Conference in KS.  :-).      Then teams could pursue the junior college players.     Cool idea.
1/29/2014 3:34 PM
123 Next ▸
*Best Addition to GD* (Must Read!!!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.