Watch list for next season? Topic

Is there anything to the watch list? Or is it just a tool me to get a head start on looking at players?

Thanks
1/29/2014 12:38 AM
Definitely utilize it. Firstly it allows you to  add players to your recruiting page without paying once recruiting starts you cant add them for free anymore you have to at least oay $10 for ac phone call then you can withdraw but it's  a nuasuance
1/29/2014 1:01 AM
I guess there are no dumb questions after all.
1/29/2014 1:41 AM
One note of caution... be careful about populating the watch list in season. Your vision may change from one season to the next. While it won't happen often, it is possible for players that are within your vision in season to fall out of it when the new year turns over.
1/29/2014 11:30 AM
Posted by helgi on 1/29/2014 11:30:00 AM (view original):
One note of caution... be careful about populating the watch list in season. Your vision may change from one season to the next. While it won't happen often, it is possible for players that are within your vision in season to fall out of it when the new year turns over.
Maybe I should hold off then. This is the end of my 3rd season with 7-7-11 wins. So it should be going up. I may be able to see better players next season. And does Vision mean I can see better overall player? Or does it just mean I can see farther so I can find better players in my range? 

Tthanks
1/29/2014 3:20 PM
It means both, actually. But to a point. You'll be able to see players that are farther away and players that are better. But not necessarily the two at the same time. And don't expect a giant leap in vision.

Just for fun, I actually have two of Yatzr's Rec Tools in two different folders. Create one file for your team before the turnover and then another (using the copy of the program) after the turnover. You can then compare the two.

Just make sure to have the respective programs opening the respective files. Otherwise it will jack it up.
1/29/2014 5:52 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/29/2014 1:01:00 AM (view original):
Definitely utilize it. Firstly it allows you to  add players to your recruiting page without paying once recruiting starts you cant add them for free anymore you have to at least oay $10 for ac phone call then you can withdraw but it's  a nuasuance
Actually, you can do it for free. On the search page, you can simply click the check next to their name and get them added, no matter what stage of recruiting.
1/29/2014 5:59 PM
Posted by loganw3 on 1/29/2014 5:54:00 PM (view original):
It means both, actually. But to a point. You'll be able to see players that are farther away and players that are better. But not necessarily the two at the same time. And don't expect a giant leap in vision.

Just for fun, I actually have two of Yatzr's Rec Tools in two different folders. Create one file for your team before the turnover and then another (using the copy of the program) after the turnover. You can then compare the two.

Just make sure to have the respective programs opening the respective files. Otherwise it will jack it up.
It does not mean you can see recruits that are further away.  Better vision means that you can see more, and supposedly better, players (they're not always better).

At most, you'll see a handful more players.  Newer coaches shouldn't concern themselves with what their vision is, or might be.  Instead, concentrate on winning games and improving your WIS ranking, and your vision will take care of itself.
1/29/2014 6:05 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 1/29/2014 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by loganw3 on 1/29/2014 5:54:00 PM (view original):

It does not mean you can see recruits that are further away.  Better vision means that you can see more, and supposedly better, players (they're not always better).

At most, you'll see a handful more players.  Newer coaches shouldn't concern themselves with what their vision is, or might be.  Instead, concentrate on winning games and improving your WIS ranking, and your vision will take care of itself.
Amen
1/29/2014 6:23 PM
Agreed. New coaches shouldn't really be too concerned with this.
1/29/2014 7:09 PM
You guys been doing this to long. You forget what is like to have your first double digit win season. Its ok to be excited and to ask questions. There is a lot to learn in this game. And the sooner you ask the questions the better. 
1/30/2014 12:17 AM
Watch list for next season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.