True Detective Topic

TV Snobs assemble.

This show has knocked me on my *** so far.  The writing, acting, direction...it's all off the charts like nothing I've ever seen.  If you haven't checked it out you're doing it wrong.  Or you're a noob who thinks Breaking Bad was something special.  The 8th lead in Deadwood was a more rounded character than Walter White.  **** off noobs.

1/29/2014 11:08 PM
Eh...I'm kind of bored by it. I'm half way through the second episode and, with the exception of the magnificent jugs on Woody's side tail, I'm struggling to find a reason to keep watching. I certainly don't care about the characters.
1/30/2014 6:06 PM
You're not welcome here.     

1/30/2014 6:27 PM
Seems to be taking on liberal/conservative stereotypes randomly.     It's been done before. 
1/30/2014 6:43 PM
Gotta be honest, I think it kind of sucks.  I mean, it's all right, but not half as smart or deep as it thinks it is.  Acting and directing?  I'm with you...awesome.  But it feels like it was written by a college sophomore who watched The Following and said, "You know what this needs?  Some ******* Nietzsche!"

But I kind of love watching it all the same.
2/4/2014 12:30 AM
You mean Schopenhauer.
2/4/2014 8:12 AM
This is better than the actual show:
2/9/2014 1:20 PM
I'm with the jew.  TD is awesome. 

Ideas for season two casting, assuming they stick with two leads?

For Season 3, I want an Olyphant-Goggins reunion quickly in the wake of  Justified finishing.
2/28/2014 1:51 PM
I've seen a lot of casting talk, but I'm pretty skeptical that they'll be able to recreate the vibe of the initial run.  The time lapse stuff is what pulled me in originally, I wanted to know what the hell happened between the two eras.  Also Louisiana is straight creepy as a setting.  I've spent some time down there and they really captured the vibe, even when I'd be driving on normal roads I was always expected a blockade of corpses around the corner, with cannibalistic children waiting to pounce from the brush.

3/10/2014 2:59 PM
True Detective Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.