Practice Times Issue Topic

I've noticed for the past several games, my players haven't improved at all. For first 3/4 of the season, my players were improving at a rate of one (position rating) every 2 to 3 games. For the past four games, I've noticed that NONE of my players have improved at all. Is anyone else having issues? 
1/30/2014 4:06 PM

I don't check after every game but really wonder what would cause this..
1/30/2014 4:22 PM
After my first exhibition game two players went up 1 point each in GI and that's it. Are exhibition games not improving players any more?
1/31/2014 10:50 AM
Guys improve in small increments, but it only displays whole numbers. So, multiple games with no one showing improvement at all is a problem. Modest movement after just the first exhibition game is pretty typical.
1/31/2014 12:40 PM
While it's possible I took over a team with almost no upside, the lack of major improvement (other than a couple of players) after the entire exhibition season is odd:

http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/TeamProfile/PlayerRatings.aspx?tid=53330
1/31/2014 2:17 PM
FYI - I have submitted a ticket.  I'll post the reponse when I get it.
1/31/2014 5:35 PM
I received this response: 

CJ,

Improvement has never stopped. You just are unable to see the improvement as it has become smaller as they get closer to their max ratings.

Thank you.

I then asked what max ratings were (I've never heard the term). This was their response. 

When a player gets a high enough rating in a certain category, their rate of improvement can slow down, but that does not appear to be the case here as the players have enough room that they should keep improving.

It does appear that they have improved slightly, but maybe not enough to show a visual increase.

You may want to adjust some of the Positional Practice Plans minutes next season if you continue to not see the improvement you are used to seeing.

Thanks.

And here's my problem, I've been using the exact same practice plan all season long. So, if they are following the exact same practice plan, why would they stop improving??

2/3/2014 10:45 PM
cj - I've been also noticing a reduction in player development over the past week or two. Support gave you their patented ole'. Hopefully, Oriole is watching.
2/4/2014 12:05 AM
I got the same boiler plate response, though the issue seems to have subsided at least a little bit.
2/4/2014 10:37 AM
I think I've said this a couple times.  Either no one believes me because I'm not a big enough name in this game, or it hasn't been seen.

Players improve less as the season goes on with little deviation (STL guys improve slightly more than below).  I have tracked 2 teams for 3 seasons each (6 seasons) where I update players ratings growth after every game.  Below is what I have found out.

Exhibition game 1: You will see little to no player rating improvement.  You will see very good formation improvement.

Exhibition games 2 and 3:  Substantial player rating improvement.  The most you will see all season.  Continued formation improvement.

Regular season games 1-3:  Decent player rating improvement.  Continued formation improvement.

Regular season games 4-13:  You will see about the same ratings improvement that you saw between exhibition games 2 and 3.  Very small amount given the amount of games.  Formation improvement slows as well.

I routinely have guys who have added 20 points to their overall after 3 exhibition games.  Those same players only add ~35-40 points at the end of the year.

2/4/2014 11:18 AM
I've seen the same thing, historically.  The issue this season was that, after all 3 exhibition games, I had 2 players with 20 pts in improvement, 2 players with 10+ pts in improvement, and almost everyone else was under 5.  I had never seen that before.
2/4/2014 11:50 AM
I see what you're saying Frank and I've experienced similar results in the past. However, this season, my improvement completely stopped after game 9 and I've never experienced that before. 
2/4/2014 12:08 PM
Maybe you shouldn't break promises to recruits, that tends to stunt growth.  Regarding the other players, nothing else seems out of line given your players' WE.
2/4/2014 12:54 PM
I definitely planned on the stunted growth from the broken promised players. But that is still only 4 players. My main worry is the Sophomores and Juniors who didn't improve for the last three games. 
2/4/2014 2:01 PM
Poor WE and average potential is not the way to go.
2/4/2014 2:09 PM
12 Next ▸
Practice Times Issue Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.