This league is inspired by the current series on CBSSports.com.  They are putting forth their list of all-time teams for each franchise, and I want to see how good their teams are against Whatifsports users using the same criteria.  We will do two divisions at a time corresponding AL and NL Divisions.  Only players from the 20th century on, one use of players per team (Babe Ruth can be used only once for the Yankees, but he can also be used once for the Red Sox), Biggio can only be used once even though he played 3 different positions.  The player position has to correspond with what position the player played defensively the most that season, so if one wanted to use Yogi Berra's 1947 season where he played different positions one would have to play him at catcher since he played the most games at that position (DH is included in this rule Frank Robinson cannot play DH in our league since he never played DH in life).

Each division will be represented twice and play against itself meaning NL West will play NL West  and AL West will play AL West.  One set of NL West teams will follow the CBSSportsline selection of an alltime teams (filling in bench and bullpen as needed) and the other set will be a team that the manager creates entirely on his/her own.  The salary cap will be set at $255 but I doubt anyone will need it all.  No trading or WW
2/2/2014 2:03 AM
I will take what ever team is last available.  We will start by doing the Central Divisions.  Ballparks will be the one that was dominatly used by yourt franchise since the beginning of the 20th century.
2/2/2014 2:04 AM
(DH is included in this rule Frank Robinson cannot play DH in our league since he never played DH in life).

He played DH from 73-76 with both California and Cleveland.
2/2/2014 10:42 AM
OK My bad.  I hope the point gets across.  
2/3/2014 2:19 AM
Put me down for St. Louis Cardinals -- but how will I qualify a DH? Can it be anyone who played DH in games against the A.L.?
2/3/2014 4:13 PM
NL doesn't get a DH.  I am going to try and make it so that  the AL only plays against the AL and the NL only plays against the NL .Sorry I failed to mention that. The World Series will be  similar to a WS before Interleague play.
2/4/2014 12:55 AM
CBS has the nerve to put on a series like that after they were responsible for the fact that pretty no one from the time they OWNED the NY Yankees (as a tax write off) would make an all-time Yankees team ! 

Da Noive a dem ! 
2/4/2014 5:23 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.