Hidden Attribute Fluctuation Topic

I'm noticing that attribute numbers are secretly changing, at the beginning of the season (NOT offseason rollover changes) without a notification of a positive or negative change. The difference in attribute change in my spreadsheet data that I pulled at the beginning of S97 in Wilkinson does not correlate with the Team Profile Player Ratings - Season Change area. I think someone made this observation in a thread a couple months ago but can't remember who...
2/2/2014 4:04 PM
This is the thread I am referring to:

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx
2/2/2014 5:56 PM
Me :P 

I'm not quite sure what you mean-- do you mean your data is supporting what I said or is not?
2/3/2014 12:00 AM
You're just describing something different. I'm noticing what frankum is, which is that "ratings are changing without the little green or red notification on their player page". I don't have any pictures depicting this right now, but I will take some screenshots at the beginning of next season. But if you're not understanding the concept this is what it would look like: 

Randy Lancaster on your Ithaca team for example:

He has a 48 in strength, what I've been noticing is that it will increase to 49 but no green arrow will appear. Again just an example but I will track your team to see.

2/3/2014 4:07 PM
If I understand you correctly, this has always happened (or has since I've been playing). I've always assumed it's improvements made during the offseason, but you're right, it's never been 'accounted' for. Take (at random) my 3 QB's in Chapman - Hayes. Season is rolling over, they finished S63 with total ratings of 511/492/446. Without allowing for tiny 2 game increase, they started S64 on 523/497/453 so an off season increase of 12/5/7. I think that is pretty standard
Is that what you're getting at?
2/3/2014 4:15 PM
Nope I'm not talking about rollover changes. Look at the first sentence I wrote (NOT offseason rollover changes). I'm talking about changes that occur in the first week or so AFTER the rollover
2/3/2014 4:18 PM
I think I get what you are saying and my answer is that player let say the star is really 48.2 but the game around it down to 48. In the next game he get +.5 making the number now 48.7 and due to it being above ,5 it around s up to 49 but you don't see a +1 next to the stat . Is that what you trying to get at or am I way off.
2/3/2014 4:22 PM
I'm still seeing this.

I'm also seeing an inexplicable drop without notification.  A drop in a weird place, too.  I had a DL lose a point in strength.  No Notification, he's a FR getting significant playing time and I practice DL Strength 30+ minutes.
2/3/2014 4:26 PM
Well that's pretty much what caesari was saying too, but if it was like that wouldn't I see a +1 because I see its shown to me as going from 48 to 49.
2/3/2014 4:26 PM
Posted by frankum on 2/3/2014 4:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm still seeing this.

I'm also seeing an inexplicable drop without notification.  A drop in a weird place, too.  I had a DL lose a point in strength.  No Notification, he's a FR getting significant playing time and I practice DL Strength 30+ minutes.
I'll provide photo evidence soon as I'll track caesari's team
2/3/2014 4:27 PM
If it is what I said you would not see the +1 due to it has not increased by one. Once it hits 49.2 you would so it would lag behind a bit. I agree it should not do .5 or something like that but knowing the game it prob does.
2/3/2014 4:31 PM
Posted by zsap on 2/3/2014 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Well that's pretty much what caesari was saying too, but if it was like that wouldn't I see a +1 because I see its shown to me as going from 48 to 49.
Attributes have always had decimals that we cant see. Im guessing the reason you cant see a +1 is because your guy is rated 41.7 but shows 41 to start the season and moves up to 42 without a green +1 because he hasnt actually moved up a full point because of the decimal
2/3/2014 4:44 PM
If that is so, then I should have not a discrepency of more than 2 between my calculated improvement and WIS for each attribute. That is not the case for some players though and that might be a fault on my part. I usually don't play exhibition games early but this year I did and I don't think I copied information until after that game. Whoops
2/3/2014 5:08 PM
Posted by macdee on 2/3/2014 4:31:00 PM (view original):
If it is what I said you would not see the +1 due to it has not increased by one. Once it hits 49.2 you would so it would lag behind a bit. I agree it should not do .5 or something like that but knowing the game it prob does.
Yeah this is what I had meant, is that you won't always see the arrows until the actual, raw number goes up 1 (48.3 to 49.3) although the whole number you see in ratings would go up with a measly .2 points of growth, thus the discrepancy. 
2/4/2014 12:02 AM
The ratings values are rounded up on the team ratings window (left over from 1.0) and rounded down to show up on the player window (from 2.0). I don't think that the developers are secretly getting into this engine to do anything to players, recruiting etc. Heck they can't even seem to get into the engine at this point much less any of the other issues with this game.
2/4/2014 10:59 AM
Hidden Attribute Fluctuation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.