My fumbles have seem to have gone up exponentially. Does anyone know what attribute it is that is tied into ball security?

2/5/2014 3:03 PM
I think it's hands... not certain, however.
2/5/2014 7:08 PM
If you set your running to conservative, will it help cut down on fumbling? (jeffkahleb - Hall of Famer - 3:15 PM)

It will help because you will run less risky plays, but fumbles are more a result of your player's technique, strength, and elusiveness. Technique for carrying the football, strength for holding onto it, and elusiveness to avoid the type of hit that would cause a fumble. Fatigue also plays a role because tired players tend to get sloppy.

Are turnovers being looked into at all? Over the past month turnovers seemed unavoidable, no matter how conservative you went on offense, or how good your team was. This has been a huge frustration. (jas_illini - Hall of Famer - 1:32 PM)
I think the release notes of the last update listed turnover as one of the items addressed and if it did not, it should have. Turnovers were a little off and have been adjusted to better account for player abilities. In particular, the game instinct and technique rating impact on interceptions for quarterbacks was ramped up along with hands and strength of ball carriers in determining fumbles. Also keep in mind that the defense plays a large role in turnovers as well. Tight coverage obviously helps produce interceptions along with pressure on the quarterback and great tacklers with good strength cause fumbles at a higher rate.

Hands plays no part in the equation for players fumbling? (breum - Hall of Famer - 3:48 PM)
Yes, it does play a role. A player with poor hands will be more likely to fumble.
2/5/2014 9:35 PM
Basically everything matters.  That way, they can always point to something that explains what the engine spits out.
2/5/2014 10:13 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.