RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

For the most part, the media leans left. ESPN is the media.

I don't think either of those statement are untrue. Do you disagree, had he ripped NC for the law, do you think Schilling is fired? Because, quite honestly, Lebatard has been all over this issue.
4/29/2016 3:08 PM
Yes, I do think he gets fired. I mean, it's going to depend on the nature of what he posts. But I think it's quite likely.

I also don't think he gets fired if he tweets some text about thinking about who you would want in the bathroom with your children without using words like racist (which doesn't even have anything to do with this particular issue), bigot, and DIE!!! It's the combination of the objectionable image and inflammatory text that gets him fired.
4/29/2016 4:48 PM
Why does Lebatard still have a job?
4/29/2016 5:21 PM
Probably because he hasn't actively and vocally advocated keeping Muslims out of the United States...
4/29/2016 5:31 PM
I also haven't seen him post anything of this nature. Like I said, if all Schilling did was make political commentary in normal terms, I think he'd still have a job, too. I feel like you're just ignoring what I'm saying right now.
4/29/2016 5:32 PM
Another significant functional difference is that Lebatard is political on the radio, not TV. He's on TV, but he generally refrains from political commentary in that medium. But even so, I think Schilling could have gotten away with saying some things here and there. That's beside the point. He didn't just say things. He tweeted intentionally controversial images and text, on numerous occasions.
4/29/2016 5:34 PM
If Schilling had ripped the NC law, he - would not - have been fired. To think otherwise is idiotic. You ever watch the Sports Reporters? Those guys comment on social issues quite a bit.
4/30/2016 1:43 AM
Truth is, Schilling was warned to knock it off. I question if he'd have even been warned, now or in the past, if he'd stated views from the left. All of the people listed in this thread yammer on with left opinions constantly. I don't believe they're concerned about their jobs because of it.
4/30/2016 6:57 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/28/2016 10:48:00 PM (view original):
When did any of those people say or do anything remotely as inflammatory as any of about 5 things Schilling has done in the past 2 years? Even you are smart enough and aware enough to realize this if you just try to turn on your brain for half a second.

ESPN.com columnist Jemele Hill was suspended yesterday after sparking outrage by comparing rooting for the Boston Celtics to Adolf Hitler and nuclear war.

“Jemele has been relieved of her writing and on-air responsibilities for a period of time to reflect on the impact of her words,” ESPN spokesman Paul Melvin said in an e-mailed statement yesterday.

Yesterday, Hill amplified on her earlier apology for writing, “Rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim. It’s like hoping Gorbachev would get to the blinking red button before Reagan.”

Later in 2009, Hill once again was reprimanded for her comments after comparing University of Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball coach John Calipari to Charles Manson.[4] She later apologized to the university.[5]

In 2009, she also accused baseball player Sammy Sosa of being a racist for using skin creme that made his complexion lighter in an effort to hide his vitiligo.[6]

4/30/2016 10:44 PM
In October 2015, Kornheiser was interviewing Huffington Post editor Howard Fineman about the conservative movement in Congress when he asked if Tea Party members are “like ISIS trying to establish a caliphate here,”
4/30/2016 10:46 PM
On July 25, 2014, Smith made controversial remarks that women may provoke domestic abuse on ESPN2's show ESPN First Take, in regards to the ongoing situation involving Baltimore Ravens' running back Ray Rice and his wife.
4/30/2016 10:48 PM
On December 13, 2012, on First Take, Parker made controversial remarks relating to Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III during a segment discussing Griffin's comment at an earlier press conference that although he was an African-American, he did not want to be defined by that alone.[10] Parker stated that these words were a "red flag" for him and asked "Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" When asked to explain what he meant by this, he stated, "He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kind of black but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else." Parker then cited Griffin having a white fiancee and "talk about how he's a Republican" (though he acknowledged having no information to support this).[11]
4/30/2016 10:49 PM
None of them were fired. NONE!

That took 5 minutes. dahsdebater, which I guess is longer than your brain can function, providing it can at all.

I am just glad that I can use the women's room now and if someone questions me, I can claim I am a transgender in normal clothes and sue the f- out of them.
4/30/2016 10:53 PM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/29/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
There is no evidence that the Disney Corporation has a strong political stance. They have minimal political donations and split them between candidates from both parties who have supported them in some way in the past. Also, I don't see how you could possibly argue that the image is not inflammatory. I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
Living in a fantasy world must be nice, dahs. They are so far to the left, they think that George Stephanopoulos is a neutral reporter.
4/30/2016 10:56 PM
Evidence?

I'm sorry, that might confuse you. The far right doesn't understand that word most of the time. Let me help you:

"That which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof. "
4/30/2016 11:23 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.