The Ultimate Random as Possible Progressive is getting ready to enter its fourth season. We have the need to replace one owner.

The short version of the rules are that each season you get a random year from each of your players, so you could get Michael Jordan as a Bull, a Wizard, or a Birmingham Baron. We use www.basketball-reference.com to determine available seasons for players, so guys who having missing seasons (from injury, like Derrick Rose, retirement, like Kermit Washington, or playing baseball like MJ) could draw those seasons. There is a supplemental IR draft at the end of each draft to fill out your roster if you draw a season like that.

At the end of each season, two players are drawn randomly, from www.random.org, to leave your team via free agency. Season one's champion tragically lost Wilt Chamberlain. This keeps great players always in the mix. Some notables for this season's free agency class are Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman, Steve Nash and Dewayne Wade.

The draft order is also determined randomly, with each of the twelve nonplayoff teams getting a spot determined on a sliding scale that starts at 25% for the team with the worst record, so this makes tanking undesirable, as you could both not get a good draft spot and lose your best player anyways.

If you have any questions or want to join, feel free to post below or shoot me a sitemail.

The roster will be on the next post.

2/7/2014 4:42 AM
This is the current roster for the St. Louis franchise, it is on the high end of the twelve teams not making the playoffs.

Walt Frazier 67-79
Earl Monroe 67-79

Elvin Hayes 68-83
Rod Strickland 88-04
Hakeem Olajuwon 84-01
Pete Maravich 70-79
Amare Stoudamire 02-12

Spencer Haywood 69-82
Al Jefferson 04-12
Stephon Marbury 96-08

You can feel free to release any other players you want from the roster as well. It lost Carmelo Anthony and Vince Carter this season to free agency.
2/7/2014 4:45 AM
This team is also available. It is currently one of the top teams in the league.

Sidney Moncrief 79-90
Gary Payton 90-06
Danny Green 09-12
Tim Duncan 97-12
Leandro Barbosa 03-12

Mark Jackson 87-03

Carlos Boozer 2-12
Tree Rollins 77-94
Don Buse 76-84
Larry Sanders 10-12
2/7/2014 2:40 PM
I will take the Duncan team.
2/7/2014 10:53 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 2/7/2014 4:45:00 AM (view original):
This is the current roster for the St. Louis franchise, it is on the high end of the twelve teams not making the playoffs.

Walt Frazier 67-79
Earl Monroe 67-79

Elvin Hayes 68-83
Rod Strickland 88-04
Hakeem Olajuwon 84-01
Pete Maravich 70-79
Amare Stoudamire 02-12

Spencer Haywood 69-82
Al Jefferson 04-12
Stephon Marbury 96-08

You can feel free to release any other players you want from the roster as well. It lost Carmelo Anthony and Vince Carter this season to free agency.
This is a pretty solid team that should be a playoff team with a good draft pick. There is a lottery so this team could end up with a very high pick but will at least get a top 12 pick in a draft where there are probably 12 better players than Melo and Carter which the team lost.

Probably cutting Marbury and maybe Monroe could improve the team as well. Frazier/Amare/Olajuwon/Jefferson make for a solid start to a winner.. just need to get better at the 2/3 positions.
2/11/2014 12:44 PM
By the way, I highly encourage anyone to join this league. It is very fun.. and yes it is random but you can manage the randomness.. by choosing less random players.. or roll the dice on guys with 1 or 2 big seasons.. It is quite fun! (I have been overly lucky with my team but I would still like the league regardless!) Each year great players end up in the draft pool and bad teams can get instantly better.. or like this year.. the bad teams in the league can get kicked in the nuts and lose their best players dooming them to at least 2 more years of rebuilding.. much like real life..
2/11/2014 12:47 PM
Posted by logain on 2/11/2014 12:47:00 PM (view original):
By the way, I highly encourage anyone to join this league. It is very fun.. and yes it is random but you can manage the randomness.. by choosing less random players.. or roll the dice on guys with 1 or 2 big seasons.. It is quite fun! (I have been overly lucky with my team but I would still like the league regardless!) Each year great players end up in the draft pool and bad teams can get instantly better.. or like this year.. the bad teams in the league can get kicked in the nuts and lose their best players dooming them to at least 2 more years of rebuilding.. much like real life..
I'm the owner of  one of the more notorious  "doomed to rebuilding" teams (the random curses of free-agency and player seasons have been horribly cruel thus far),
It is still immense, challenging adventure to coax a crippled team to 30 wins (or even 27, this year).      
There is always hope that just like in "real life", a favorable lottery draw and strong seasons out of your key players, will bring you back into contention... 

Quite fun, indeed !

2/12/2014 12:49 AM
If you are willing to take a new player I will take the last team
2/13/2014 4:09 PM
Sure thing, it is all yours. I will get you added to the league forum and send you a gift certificate when you enter your keepers (tomorrow at the earliest, though, pay day).
2/13/2014 5:19 PM
Perfect I can't set anything up until tomorrow anyways since I will be working late toniht
2/13/2014 5:48 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.