Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2014 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/1/2014 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Just trying to figure out what you're getting from this.    Tell us.
Entertainment. What do you get from this?

Honestly, I'm not sure.   As a general rule, I simply block users when the exchange always devolves to "You're an idiot", "No, you're an idiot."   Seems like a massive waste of time.  It's like 2nd grade recess.  And, quite honestly, I like to think I've matured beyond that stage.  Beating on you yesterday, asking "What's your prize?" over and over again, made me realize that I haven't.   But I stumbled onto something.   My theory that you just shrivel up and die if you have no one to argue with for pages on end.   You don't play the games so the only reason bad_luck was created was to argue.   So, because I'm sure I'd get sucked into another 50 pages of "How stupid are you?", "Not as stupid as you", I've decided to block you.    As of this post, you've been averaging about 350 posts per month since you arrived.  Without me, let's see if you can maintain that pace.   Post count: 6432.   I'll check you again in a month or two.

30 DAY MARK!!!!

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)
Forum Rating: Prospect Game Rating: Prospect

105 posts since I blocked you and at least half were immediately after one of my posts so it's safe to assume you were addressing me.   My guess is you might have had a post a day that didn't involve me.    Way off your 350 per month.    Shriveling on the vine.
5/2/2014 3:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2014 7:39:00 PM (view original):
I think .750 is a big ask from him.  He hardly played last season.  And he's old.   As a Yankee fan, I was hoping .700-720 in 120 games with decent defensive play.  I don't think Dean Anna is bringing anything better in the field.

Of course, I was all gloom and doom on the Yanks to start the season so my expectations might become more if they hang around the top of the division.
On a team-wide basis, in spite of leading the division, there definitely is still room for quite a bit of improvement from the Yankees.  I know you don't believe so much a lot of the sabermetric stats, and honestly, I'm not even looking them up right now.  But just glancing at the true outcome numbers for Sabathia and Kuroda, they should both start seeing their ERAs drop quickly without really pitching any better than they have been.  CC's been giving up home runs like it's his job, but as of right now his K rate is the best of his career, and his walk-rate is the 2nd-lowest.  He's also right on his career average for line drive percentage, and has the best GO/AO ratio of his career.  So it's not like those numbers suggest he's getting hit harder than normal; in fact, he's inducing more ground balls than he ever has before.  So the HRs should, presumably, slow down.  Honestly, the rate stats look like CC's doing some of the best pitching of his career, if not the best.  But then his ERA is over 5.  Doesn't add up for me.

Kuroda's K, BB, and HR rates are all right in line with what he's done the past 2 years with the Yankees.  His LD% is down from last year and his GB/FB is up.  So I don't see why he would sustain an ERA that's magically jumped by 2 runs, either.

If those guys both improve toward the mean and Tanaka and Pineda remain recognizable as the same guys they have been so far, and with Moore out for the season, the Yankees could easily wind up having the best rotation in the division.
5/2/2014 4:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/2/2014 3:58:00 PM (view original):

Honestly, I'm not sure.   As a general rule, I simply block users when the exchange always devolves to "You're an idiot", "No, you're an idiot."   Seems like a massive waste of time.  It's like 2nd grade recess.  And, quite honestly, I like to think I've matured beyond that stage.  Beating on you yesterday, asking "What's your prize?" over and over again, made me realize that I haven't.   But I stumbled onto something.   My theory that you just shrivel up and die if you have no one to argue with for pages on end.   You don't play the games so the only reason bad_luck was created was to argue.   So, because I'm sure I'd get sucked into another 50 pages of "How stupid are you?", "Not as stupid as you", I've decided to block you.    As of this post, you've been averaging about 350 posts per month since you arrived.  Without me, let's see if you can maintain that pace.   Post count: 6432.   I'll check you again in a month or two.

30 DAY MARK!!!!

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

105 posts since I blocked you and at least half were immediately after one of my posts so it's safe to assume you were addressing me.   My guess is you might have had a post a day that didn't involve me.    Way off your 350 per month.    Shriveling on the vine.
Says the guy who is currently posting in a thread I started the other day.

It's ok to say you miss me. Or not.

Please keep me blocked, whatever you do. You definitely aren't reading my posts. 
5/2/2014 4:16 PM

I've only seen Kuroda pitch once so I can't say much about him but CC has lost 3-4 MPH off his fastball(in addition to what he lost last year) and, when he misses, they crush it.   Maybe he'll stop missing as much, I think he's learning on the job right now, but I don't see a marked improvement coming from him.    He might be #4 in the rotation. 

My concern has been the offense they can generate and the injuries I fully expect.   Most of the starters have played as if they're made of fine china over the last couple of seasons so I don't expect 140 games from the front 9.    And while that may not be such a big deal in the OF, they have no IF depth.   If they can win 3-2 or 2-1 games, they might have something.    I just don't see how that's going to work.

5/2/2014 4:22 PM
Nice little 0-7 tonight
5/3/2014 1:14 AM

30 DAY MARK!!!!

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

He picked up the pace in month 2. 
5/28/2014 8:03 AM
nice head's up play by Jeter in the 4th on Monday...not realizing that the ball was fair and casually jogging after it while Seager hustled his way around the bases for a triple.
6/3/2014 12:04 AM
I'm sure it was ARod's fault. Jeter plays the game the right way.
6/3/2014 9:41 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/28/2014 8:03:00 AM (view original):

30 DAY MARK!!!!

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

He picked up the pace in month 2. 
bad_luck
Blocked (unblock)

56 posts in a 5 day period.   Pretty sure I know what thread.
6/3/2014 9:57 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 6/3/2014 12:04:00 AM (view original):
nice head's up play by Jeter in the 4th on Monday...not realizing that the ball was fair and casually jogging after it while Seager hustled his way around the bases for a triple.
He was doing his duty, preserving the history of the game. 
If he had really hustled, he may have held Seager to a single and let him wind up with a Cycle, instead of that weak-*** (2) triples, a double and a homer.
6/3/2014 10:04 AM

Of all the statistics around Derek Jeter's career, this one may be the most mind-blowing one of all.

Tonight's game against Baltimore will be the first (and only) home game in Derek Jeter's career that he has played with the Yankees out of post-season contention.

If the game gets rained out, that means that he will have NEVER played a meaningless game at Yankee Stadium in his entire 20 year career.

That's staggering.

9/25/2014 2:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/25/2014 2:07:00 PM (view original):

Of all the statistics around Derek Jeter's career, this one may be the most mind-blowing one of all.

Tonight's game against Baltimore will be the first (and only) home game in Derek Jeter's career that he has played with the Yankees out of post-season contention.

If the game gets rained out, that means that he will have NEVER played a meaningless game at Yankee Stadium in his entire 20 year career.

That's staggering.

Christ. Jeter was a good player for a long time. No need for the extra-sloppy blow job.
9/25/2014 2:11 PM
I'd put Beltre in the Hall before Jeter.
9/25/2014 2:11 PM
And maybe Edgar Martinez.
9/25/2014 2:13 PM
I'd vote for Jeter on the same ballot that I'd vote for his twin, Craig Biggio.
9/25/2014 2:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...80|81|82|83|84...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.