Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/22/2014 3:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 1:55:00 AM (view original):
I haven't left myself open to anything. I've been the victim of a pack mentality by a bunch of veterans that are resentful that I've dared to criticize the game for which they've developed a Stockholm syndrome.

As a result, I've been viciously attacked, accused, belittled, and misrepresented. It's apparently fine and dandy when you do it to me, but if I respond, then it's asymmetric punishment time. Because apparently the admins must protect the veterans from me. 

Who's freaking out? The only thing that has started this is me criticizing a game that you all didn't make. It's not your work, and you for some reason protect and defend it as if it is. And even when a few lone wolves dare to suggest that I might actually be right in my criticism, it gets drowned out in the cacophony of backhanded comments, couched insults, and veiled accusations and false and completely fraudulent amateur psychology. 

Completely unacceptable for people that should be either ambassadors of the game, or drivers of change in it. You all are and have been neither. You've simply drank the kool-aid.

Honestly, and this isn't me trying to make you mad, but if you think the reason you've become such a target for resentment and scorn is because you've dared to criticize the game, then I don't know what to tell you, because it's not.

You're right, this simulation is not our work, but we've been here for a long time, put a lot of work into our teams, and we've criticized the shortcomings of the engine seemingly to the point of ad infinitum. Therefore, not only are your critiques of the engine not new, your initial criticisms were the product of your own ignorance for not knowing how to use the simulation and how it works. And as for those few "lone wolfs" that you mentioned, you've actually managed to turned those precious few who tried to help develop those criticisms against you somehow...it's not really a cacophony if even the opposition stops yelling.

And your piece de resistance....How you've gone about the whole thing.

I can't stand billyg (or gillespie1 or whatever cast of characters he goes by), and I never figured somebody could turn him into a sympathetic figure in my eyes, but you managed to do it, not to mention the amount of users that I actually like whom you treated like a *****. Yet after your ban was over and initial thread deleted, you roll back through with a warped form of having been victimized for your opinions about the simulation??? So, here is the crux: You've brought nothing new to the game (even a new criticism), if anything, you've only served as a refresher course for those of us that know the game...and through it all you've actually managed to miss the vast majority of quality information that's been presented to you.
I don't know how you purport to know what I've missed. Just another example of the presumptuousness that has pervaded this thread to the point that it's not even surprising anymore.

The rest really isn't even worth taking the time to criticize.
2/22/2014 3:23 AM
Posted by caesari on 2/22/2014 3:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 3:09:00 AM (view original):
Reported for insults and accusations. 
Ticket submitted for insults and accusations you have made. 

EDIT: The fact that you think that post was so heinous it deserved reporting says a lot about you.
LOL here we go...asymmetric punishment on the way.

Later y'all. Hope you enjoy not being banned for the same thing I'll doubtlessly be banned for. I really haven't done anything since my ban, though I'm sure something will be trumped up against me. Because the veterans can't be wrong.

It's my cross to bear, I guess. 
2/22/2014 3:24 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 3:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 2/22/2014 3:18:00 AM (view original):
Ticket submitted for insults and accusations you have made. 

EDIT: The fact that you think that post was so heinous it deserved reporting says a lot about you.
LOL here we go...asymmetric punishment on the way.

Later y'all. Hope you enjoy not being banned for the same thing I'll doubtlessly be banned for. I really haven't done anything since my ban, though I'm sure something will be trumped up against me. Because the veterans can't be wrong.

It's my cross to bear, I guess. 
I absolutely hate beating a dead horse, especially if it acted like a mule on it's way out, but I hope you realize that this just helps justify everything I just said.
2/22/2014 3:37 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/22/2014 1:53:00 AM (view original):
If you think we need to know about your entire life to tell that you are exhibiting symptoms of an effect that is typically used to describe individuals' perception of their abilities in a specific field, in this case the HD sim, then you really don't understand the effect at all.
I've played one season with by all accounts a terrible team and the people that have actually bothered to assess my coaching performance have said that I have added value over what would have been expected from the team.

So the only thing you can say about my abilities at this point is that I've demonstrated that even despite the many flaws in the sim that are practically impossible for a first coach to successfully navigate, my first year was better than average. This flies in the face of your analysis.

So either start citing some credentials, or admit your lie and that you are foisting a fraud upon all readers of this thread.
This post actually confirms literally everything I'm talking about.  You start out saying that you've played one season.  Then you tell us that there are "many flaws in the sim that are practically impossible for a first coach to successfully navigate."  First of all, how many games do you know that are easy enough for a new user to be immediately on par with people who have been playing them for years?  Some exist, but few people have heard of them, because they aren't fun.  If there's no learning curve, no skill involved, what's the point?  At that point it's all about validation, and most people are self-confident enough that they don't need to pay for that.

A couple of days ago you were ranting and raving about some code in the sim that kicked in to make sure you weren't going to win a game.  If you have any rational sense at all I'm sure you can see how nonsensical that would be - it would be hard to program to make it look realistic, it would be pointless, a huge risk and a huge time sink with literally no benefit for the parent company.  The logical reason to think you might not understand why you're losing games would be that it's your first season and you don't fully understand how the sim engine works.  Apparently that thought never crossed your mind, because dozens of attempts to explain various aspects of why you did and didn't lose various games were basically dismissed out of hand as you explained to people who have been playing this game for years how they were wrong and didn't understand your team or your games nearly as well as you, the first-time player.  In spite of your illogical and consistently belligerent approach to criticizing and complaining about the sim engine, you were basically spoon fed huge amounts of information that coaches spent a great deal of time learning for themselves.  And you don't even know what it was, because you chose to ignore and refute it.  Of course your refutations were generally wrong, since you don't understand the sim.  But of course, I don't know what I'm talking about, because how could I know what you're thinking, or what you meant?

Seriously, get over yourself.  There are a lot of people who are happy to criticize this game.  What we don't like, as a rule, are people who don't understand it coming in and denigrating it in a way that might put off other perspective new users who might actually have the patience to learn how it works and grow to enjoy it.  I'm thinking you're the kind of person who generally plays single-player games a level easier than the rest of the world would at your ability level, just to make sure you'll win every time.  Unfortunately, the multiplayer world doesn't work like that.  You can't guarantee you're going to win all your head-to-head Madden games.  The best thing to do is try to get better, maybe figure out how to do something better than the guys you're running into.  But you're effectively saying that the fact that your backup quarterback missed a throw means Madden is broken.  With your team, or even any team, the perfect gameplan will sometimes go awry.  In most cases you can figure out what happened.  In some cases you're just left scratching your head and figuring you got horribly unlucky.  But before you blast the game, you have to at least try to figure out what's going on.  Your consistently illogical assumptions about what has happened in your game have been corrected for you and you ignore it, assuming you know more about how the game SHOULD work than the people who play it best.  Good for you.  Go make your own game that works just how you want it to.  This one does not now, nor will it ever, revolved around you and your opinion of how it should be designed.
2/22/2014 3:40 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 1:48:00 AM (view original):
You know nothing about my life to make such an accusation, and you have displayed no credentials that make you qualified to make such a diagnosis. If you have a psychology degree, let us know. Otherwise, you're talking out your ***. Even if you do, you certainly don't know enough about my life to make a diagnosis, but at least you might in theory have some defense for your actions.
We're generally smart people.  Since general overall intelligence is more important for problem-solving than problem-specific knowledge or skills, we are fully qualified to make psychological diagnoses.  A psychology degree is just a fancy mechanic's background on paper and with a smaller toolbox.
2/22/2014 3:44 AM
dahs, is it possible we were having almost the exact same thoughts at almost the exact same times??? If not then I'm gonna file a formal complaint of plagiarism since mine was posted first, hahaha, just joking.
2/22/2014 3:51 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/15/2014 12:55:00 PM (view original):
The sim doesn't operate the way it should is the bottom line.

If you tell the sim to take a guy out when he gets to "getting tired", it should do that. That's not a big ask. 

I didn't realize nachopuzzle was the only source for information on this game. Glad you let me know that. I'll be sure to let him know everything I think as a coach so that I can be sure to get whatever information he feels like providing...even if that could be none.
Previously, when a coach would offer advice, you'd become offended because you 'already knew that.'   I have 19 championships and a world of knowledge about this game but you haven't been receptive.   I'll save my advice for someone more open-minded and appreciative
2/22/2014 5:28 AM (edited)
You couldn't possibly have more knowledge about the game than ettaexpress.  He's so smart.
2/22/2014 4:07 AM
Ohhhhhh, and let's not forget about this jewel. I've seen, been called, and said a lot...but never seen the report button get pushed.

Especially given the compounding irony that the person who had both been threatening others in personal messages & offered an open invitation to fight anyone at the minneapolis airport would be the person doing the reporting and the person that got banned from posting because of that thread.

2/22/2014 4:59 AM
2/22/2014 5:02 AM
2/22/2014 5:45 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/22/2014 1:53:00 AM (view original):
If you think we need to know about your entire life to tell that you are exhibiting symptoms of an effect that is typically used to describe individuals' perception of their abilities in a specific field, in this case the HD sim, then you really don't understand the effect at all.
I've played one season with by all accounts a terrible team and the people that have actually bothered to assess my coaching performance have said that I have added value over what would have been expected from the team.

So the only thing you can say about my abilities at this point is that I've demonstrated that even despite the many flaws in the sim that are practically impossible for a first coach to successfully navigate, my first year was better than average. This flies in the face of your analysis.

So either start citing some credentials, or admit your lie and that you are foisting a fraud upon all readers of this thread.
Adding value over what a sim would do if it is left to its own devices is not necessarily that high of a compliment.
2/22/2014 6:14 AM
what was the title of this thread before it was changed by the OP?
2/22/2014 6:56 AM
In all seriousness etta I wish I knew what could have been said to avoid you being upset with whoever said it.  The vast majority of responses, especially early on were quite insightful.  Anyone who dared give you advice was seen as being insulting.  
2/22/2014 8:09 AM
Posted by crwkmw123 on 2/22/2014 7:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 2/22/2014 6:56:00 AM (view original):
what was the title of this thread before it was changed by the OP?
"Complete Idiot Asks for Explanation and Then Belittles Anyone Who Dares to Respond" or something like that.
Etta' s point from the get go was that the game is bad and should be changed. He never wanted helped ; he was venting from the beginning.

2/22/2014 9:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...20 Next ▸
Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.