No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

I guess the company no longer desires managers to own 2 teams ...  I am in 2 leagues and check both every day ... I go to the Negro league first ... then to LEG ...just got an email saying I had not logged into LEG for 4 days and the AI was going to take over my team ... what kind of crap is that!!!! I did see that it showed the 14th so I logged in again and went to LEG first and it seemed to show up OK ... but why have you go through needless work ,,, a BUNCH OF CRAP!!!! When i tried to paste this message in it says because of my browser I must use CTRL + V ... I use Google Chrome - the most used browser worldwide ... .will probably not renew teams even though I have played for years
2/17/2014 12:11 PM
It just runs your team in your absence.   You can go into Management Console, uncheck the box and take control again.

Manage your big league roster? This includes lineups, pitching staff, disabled lists, signing draft picks, etc. This is NOT a recommended strategy for winning and is geared only at keeping your big league team healthy. It will not perform any offseason moves such as free-agent signing or coach hiring.

This setting is automatically turned on if you don't check your team for 5 full days (120 hours).
2/17/2014 1:06 PM
As for the "why?", abandoned teams go bad quickly.    SIMMY won't save it but it will limit the damage. 
2/17/2014 1:12 PM
Did you ask customer support why you got this message even though you've been logging in every day?
2/17/2014 1:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/17/2014 1:06:00 PM (view original):
It just runs your team in your absence.   You can go into Management Console, uncheck the box and take control again.

Manage your big league roster? This includes lineups, pitching staff, disabled lists, signing draft picks, etc. This is NOT a recommended strategy for winning and is geared only at keeping your big league team healthy. It will not perform any offseason moves such as free-agent signing or coach hiring.

This setting is automatically turned on if you don't check your team for 5 full days (120 hours).
Mike T ...I know what it does ...I have played several seasons ... I do not know why I got the email as I check both teams every day! I check one then click  then check the other ... when I logged out and then logged back in it showed I visited ... when I checked a team and then checked the other team it did not show that I checked the second team ... and I did not want it to change my lineups and pitching! 
2/17/2014 1:49 PM
Then you obviously have a unique situation.    Not sure I'd have gotten that worked up if nothing had to be "fixed". 
2/17/2014 2:54 PM
I think you have to go to the world home page in order for it to register as a visit. Try that, the date should reset.
2/17/2014 8:10 PM
Try clearing your cookies.
2/17/2014 8:36 PM
Silly post....
2/17/2014 9:38 PM
Some of these comments make me seem like a moron which I am not ... I did go to the page as I changed lineups ... clearing out cookies has little to do with anything ... I do not know what "nothing has to be fixed means" ... if it views me as not logging in and then changes my lineups then ...  ...  OK never mind ...  it is not worth it ...I guess nobody sees it as a problem if changes are made to a lineup that I would not have made ...  I give up trying to explain .... 
2/18/2014 12:47 AM
It sounds like you had a unique situation. Hardly worth getting worked up over or this post. Maybe try yoga.
2/18/2014 1:45 AM
Posted by sdjessie on 2/18/2014 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Some of these comments make me seem like a moron which I am not ... I did go to the page as I changed lineups ... clearing out cookies has little to do with anything ... I do not know what "nothing has to be fixed means" ... if it views me as not logging in and then changes my lineups then ...  ...  OK never mind ...  it is not worth it ...I guess nobody sees it as a problem if changes are made to a lineup that I would not have made ...  I give up trying to explain .... 

Nobody else is experiencing these problems.  And it sounds like this is something that only recently started to occur for you.  As others said, this seems to be something that is unique to your particular computer/browser.  Not necessarily WIS's fault.

A ticket with them may shed some light on the subject, but my guess is that it's 99.9% likely that the problem is on your end, and not theirs.

BTW . . . I also use Chrome at home, typically check my teams in the same order every time as you do, and am not seeing these problems.

2/18/2014 6:11 AM
I have played 45 seasons and I teach and have written texts in IS .... I had never experienced this before ...and yet the comment here seem to give no credence to a possible conflict of browsers caused by updates ... or any conflicts in programming in HBD ... and if the programming is wedded to Microsoft there could be conflicts ... for example if you download Strat-O-Matic using Chrome you are not able to properly install the hockey game but it works fine if you download with IE.... the email I got follows:... ..." I'm a little concerned at this point because you have been absent for over 4 days. We need you back manning the ship within 24 hours or else we're going to have the AI take over the system.  You'll receive another email from me if that occurs.

I've got my fingers crossed that you've been on vacation and plan on returning!"  
And I really do not believe "yoga" will help to resolve the situation ... it is kind of like a suggestion " bury your head in the sand and your problem will go away."
   When I first posted the situation in one of my leagues this is the type of response I got there "I've seen it happen more than once,even happened to our commissioner. It's WIS;send them a ticket"

2/18/2014 8:10 AM
I really think keithjs nailed it on the head, and you never responded.

Did you go to the "World Office" page? That is the page that resets your "last logged in" date.

If you have the lineup page, or pitching staff page, or any other page bookmarked, and never go to the World Office, your login date won't be reset.
2/18/2014 8:24 AM

Since we're sharing credentials . . . I have over 31 years as a technical IT professional, I have both a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science, and I've given technical presentations at multiple industry conferences and user groups.  So I also understand programming and how computers work, just a little bit.

As I mentioned, I use Chrome as my browser at home, I use IE as my browser at work, and I have not experiened this problem with either browser.  If this were a pervasive issue, then other HBD users would have been all over this long before you posted here yesterday.

My experience in following these forums is that 99% of the time when users are seeing "weird" browser problems, clearing the cookies from your browser will resolve the abnormal behavior.  I would suggest that you try it (if you haven't already), and if that does not resolve it, then open a ticket with WIS (if you haven't already).

There are lots of folks here in the forum that are willing to try to help.  Dismissing thir comments and suggestions, which are often given from actual experience, doesn't really get you any further along.

2/18/2014 8:33 AM
123 Next ▸
No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.