Opinion question - predicament Topic

This may be a stupid question, but I figure, why not get my usage out of this message board, right?!? Haha

I have only 11 games remaining, and am back 2 games in the wildcard race. One of the best players (if not the best) had 97% stamina. I would like to rest him for a game or 2 so that he could go hard the last 9/10 games AND if I make playoffs he won't be too depleted. 

BUT, I also realize I will need all hands on deck for each and every game of these final 11 to be able to get that wildcard spot.

What would you guys do? Is 97 not that bad? So let's say worse case by 11 games he goes down to 92, is that workable still?
2/21/2014 10:03 AM
I think most people go all out when a playoff spot is on the line.    Personally, I generally don't play anyone below 100% but, as the season winds down and I need wins, they go as low as they go. 
2/21/2014 10:12 AM
I haven't noticed a huge hit until 90%, so I'd say keep him in to try to make the playoffs.
2/21/2014 10:33 AM
Absolutely, you need to push him as hard as you need to to try to land a playoff spot.  He can rest in the offseason.
2/21/2014 10:39 AM
Thanks guys! Great responses! I try not to play anyone below 100% too in a perfect situation, but I figured the same as you guys, "all hands on deck during a storm" right? 
2/21/2014 12:32 PM
HE CAN REST WHEN HE'S DEAD!!!!
2/21/2014 1:26 PM
Hahahah True!!!
2/21/2014 4:15 PM
Opinion question - predicament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.