I have http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4166075 who I need to maximize at bats for. Because of his low durability, I can only get 120ish games out of him before fatigue sets in. Could I put him at say, 1B or DH, and get more playing time out of him? Its a waste of a pretty good position player to put him there, but he's more valuable as a bat in the middle of the order.
3/1/2014 5:00 PM
Easier positions fatigue a player less.   But it's very, very minor.  I'd play him at LF or 2B and just rest him on occassion.
3/2/2014 7:16 AM
If you don't want to (or have time to) tinker with your lineup much, you could platoon him out of your LH lineup... he would automatically sit out a game or two unless your opposition stacks lefties against you. Depending on how he performs against lefties, of course.

3/2/2014 9:43 AM (edited)
Or you could just play him through the fatigue. Negative effects seem to be minimal (possible decreased performance or increased risk of injury but its hard to prove).
3/3/2014 1:11 AM
Posted by pb15 on 3/3/2014 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Or you could just play him through the fatigue. Negative effects seem to be minimal (possible decreased performance or increased risk of injury but its hard to prove).

I wouldn't advise that.  There seems to be enough anecdotal evidence that risking major injury may not be in an owner's best interest.

Platooning for the first half of the season makes the most sense, will keep him fairly fresh for the second half of the season.  Then you can manage his fatigue more closely on a game by game basis.

I typically won't play a guy below 98% until we reach the home stretch of the season and I'm fighting for a playoff spot.  Then I'll accept the risk and push him as hard as I need to in order to clinch a playoff spot.

3/3/2014 6:02 AM
tecwrg is right, pb15's advice is risky.
3/3/2014 7:28 AM
I only check my minor league fatigue on the weekends.   So some of them do fatigue.    Seems that the vast majority that are injured are 97% or below. 
3/3/2014 8:25 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.