D3, Season 72 Topic

Thanks pdub, glad to know it's being read by somebody :) I listed all the players others suggested to me (and Norman Griffith of Wittenberg, who's ratings are awesome), really hope I am not missing any gems and would gladly add them if anyone knows of some superstars I am missing. Spasticity, Bullman or Darnoc, did any of you guys see my screen shot of the forum? Does my screen look any different than yours? I might call Plato and see what his looks like.
3/23/2014 7:38 PM
carson, I was just testing to see if you were paying attention.  You get a gold star.
3/23/2014 9:58 PM
Another new #1 team today as Wittenberg stayed undefeated last night and moved up to the top spot in the rankings, RPI, and SOS.  Pretty studly.

Last Night
#1 Wittenberg 73   Wooster 65
How nice, why don't we just get darnoc a giant medal to wear around.  He's totally the best.  And stuff.

Also considered: #23 Allegheny knocked #3 Grove City out of the top spot with a 56-54 home win, Emmanuel upset #9 Emerson 73-65, #12 Hendrix got past Millsaps 71-64, #19 Rivier defended the home court against Suffolk 55-46, and #22 Ozarks edged Louisiana 57-52.

Sim blowout watch: Both of our sims got the cover last night, Averett against #2 Piedmont 74-117 and Shenandoah at #11 Oglethorpe 54-91.

ITaLRbHAGotN: #17 Willamette was impressive in the first half and built up a 12 point lead over Chapman by the time the halftime buzzer sounded.  They were then able to maintain that lead through the second half and finish off a 73-55 victory to improve to 2-0 in conference.

GotN
#4 Dallas (11-1)(tarvolon) at #22 Ozarks (9-3)(westcoast22)
Time to pay a visit to the University conference where ranked divisional foes face off.  Dallas is looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season last night and a road win against the 2-0 team they're chasing in the standings would be clutch.  westcoast leads the series 3-1 but the visitors are favored by 3 in this one.

Also considered: #2 Piedmont at #25 Palm Beach Atlantic, #3 Grove City at Wooster, #8 Hardin-Simmons at Howard Payne, and #19 Rivier at Norwich

Sim blowout watch: Lots of big spreads to choose from tonight but the biggest is winless Texas Tyler getting a massive 90 points on the road at #7 Whittier.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Emmanuel (8-4)(bananajacobs) at Johnson and Wales (8-3)(spasticity)
These two teams are 14 and 11 in RPI, 9 and 12 in SOS, and 19 and 22 on the projection report.  But somehow neither are in the top 25.  Come on, get your act together voters, this is just silly.   Anyway, both teams are undefeated in conference play and will be in the race for the top of the east division in the Great Northeast.  This is the first of two games between them and it should be a good one.  The visitors are favored by a single point.
3/23/2014 10:13 PM
Boy do I have a lot of respect/admiration/appreciation for you guys that do all this stuff for us every season. Well I finished game 13's MVPotN and have to say there were a good number of off days. Hope you all enjoy it and also that I don't upset anyone with my choices :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjN_w9pbz2rydFp6SWZ3QnZOQjUzRHYxVmMyMmZVd1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I think 15 players is about all I can handle each night, but I've been searching and I have a few players I feel might be deserving to be on the list. Was wondering if you guys might check out the below players and tell me if you feel any of them should be on the list:

Ronald Jefferson - Augustana - CCIW (SIM AI)
Christopher Stonburner - Hardin-Simmons - ASC (sublightd)
Melvin Riddles - N.Carolina Wesleyan - USA South (nastynick60)... Melvin Riddles is a pretty fun name.
Robert Quinto - Trinity - University (BobMeyer)
3/24/2014 11:11 AM
Posted by ezekialstarr on 3/22/2014 10:35:00 AM (view original):
I use Chrome but here is a screen shot of my page. Is my page different than all of yours or am I just blind? haha

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1yVEhAVeMj31OTBa1zDNY6bjKEH0Bl9aPvtLWKcFMybo/edit?usp=sharing
Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to post a message to the Forum. I have Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and they all look the same.
3/24/2014 1:21 PM
Mine is the same as Carson's.  
3/24/2014 2:26 PM
Posted by ezekialstarr on 3/24/2014 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Boy do I have a lot of respect/admiration/appreciation for you guys that do all this stuff for us every season. Well I finished game 13's MVPotN and have to say there were a good number of off days. Hope you all enjoy it and also that I don't upset anyone with my choices :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjN_w9pbz2rydFp6SWZ3QnZOQjUzRHYxVmMyMmZVd1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I think 15 players is about all I can handle each night, but I've been searching and I have a few players I feel might be deserving to be on the list. Was wondering if you guys might check out the below players and tell me if you feel any of them should be on the list:

Ronald Jefferson - Augustana - CCIW (SIM AI)
Christopher Stonburner - Hardin-Simmons - ASC (sublightd)
Melvin Riddles - N.Carolina Wesleyan - USA South (nastynick60)... Melvin Riddles is a pretty fun name.
Robert Quinto - Trinity - University (BobMeyer)
Thanks for your contributions to D3 Rupp and to this most excellent of forums, ezekial; I always love having more of this sort of thing to read.  I think the additional four players you mention are good additions to the list.  I hesitate just a bit about Jefferson from Augustana, primarily due to the fact that Simmy is his coach, but Jefferson is putting up monster numbers and Augustana's 12-0 is nothing to sneeze at, even with the squad's weak SOS.

If you want limit the number of players on your list, you could just limit each school to just one player represented here.  I'd be fine dropping J. Sutton (Vassar) from your list; I think clearly Lujan is my most valuable/important player.  You'd also want to pick and choose between Emerson's McCaffree and Stephens and from Trinity's Sohn and Quinto (or perhaps those coaches want to weigh in and pick their preferred player), which would get you back to 16 players to track.
3/24/2014 2:34 PM
We're down to nine undefeated teams, four of which are sims, and thirteen teams without a win.  And yes, I typed "without a loss" there again before hitting backspace a bunch of times and correcting it.  My mind apparently has trouble switching between the two extremes of win/loss records.

Last Night
#8 Dallas 72   #19 Ozarks 76
Visiting Dallas held a 6 point lead at the half and looked to be rolling until midway through the second half when Ozarks went on a big run.  The home team locked down the defense and charged past the higher ranked team on the way to the 4 point home victory.  Ozarks and westcoast stayed perfect in conference with the win while Dallas and tarvolon slipped down four spots in the rankings with the loss.

Also considered: #2 Piedmont cruised past Palm Beach Atlantic 88-66, #3 Grove City got a huge defensive block at the end of regulation and then pulled away in OT to down Wooster 80-77, #7 Hardin-Simmons shot Howard Payne out of the gym 114-76, and #18 Rivier got a low-scoring road win at Norwich 57-42.

Sim blowout watch: Texas Tyler is still winless but at least they got the cover against #6 Whittier 54-88.

ITaLRbHAGotN: The Top 25 voters listened to my pleas by elevating #24 Johnson and Wales after their 74-67 defeat of Emmanuel.

GotN
#4 Greensboro (11-1)(tilldog28) at #2 Piedmont (13-0)(bunkerbuster)
It's about to get real in the USA South... for the first of many times this season.  Top four ranked and perfect-in-conference-play divisional leaders face off in a key game as both teams are tied in the standings with other teams.  The USA South is going to be silly competitive this season so every game is huge.  The all-time series is tied 7-7 and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.  Not sure a game can get much more even.

Also considered: #6 Whittier at Colorado, Rhodes at #8 Dallas, #12 Emory and Henry at Lynchburg, #19 Ozarks at Trinity

Sim blowout watch: Muhlenburg is getting 60 points as they visit #10 Dickinson and Albion is a 59 point road dog at #17 Calvin.  Also, no sims are involved but winless Thiel is getting an impressive 99 points as they host #1 Wittenberg.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Wisconsin La Crosse (8-5)(theaaskimo) at Wisconsin Platteville (9-4)(SimAI)
We have a big divisional battle in the Wisconsin conference as both of these teams are tied at 3-0 atop the north division standings.  The winner here gets the early edge in the divisional race and more importantly a nice bump in the projection report.
3/24/2014 5:14 PM
Thanks theriddler that's actually very helpful and I think I will sitemail the other 2 coaches and ask which player they want represented. Lujan really is quite impressive btw.

Carson, thanks a bunch for the screen shot. Mine looks nothing like that, not quite sure why but would love to figure out a way to fix it. I might install firefox or IE and see if that changes anything, or maybe use my wife's computer.

99 point blowout? I think that's the biggest I've ever seen, Pseudo.
3/24/2014 11:22 PM
Just checked and it works on my wife's computer. I bet it has something to do with the fact that I use a Chromebook. Good to know, I'll use my wife's from now on to post the links.
3/24/2014 11:33 PM
Game 14 MVPotN I hope I did it right, Spasticity :)
3/25/2014 10:42 AM
I can't see google docs while I'm at work, but the link looks good!
3/25/2014 1:46 PM
Oh you are not the only one I know who can't do that. It seems like Docs would be an important thing to be able to open at work to me, don't know why some companies don't allow it. P.S. - forgot to mention every MVP candidate won their games last night. I thought that was pretty cool.
3/25/2014 2:03 PM
Forgot you almost landed Zipkin, ezekialstarr.  Zipkin and Wallace on the same team would be crazy.
3/25/2014 4:49 PM
We have a new #1 yet again as Piedmont moves back up into the top spot after winning last night's GotN.

Last Night
#8 Greensboro 77   #1 Piedmont 95
Believe it or not, Greensboro was leading this game at the half 38-34.  And then Piedmont turned on the afterburners and put on a scoring clinic in the second half to walk away with this one, shooting around 60% from the field including 8 of 12 from 3pt.  As mentioned above Piedmont and bunker moved up back atop the rankings with the win while Greensboro and tilldog slipped down a few spots after their first conference loss.

Also considered: #24 Colorado scored the home upset of #11 Whittier 82-78, #5 Dallas took care of Rhodes 72-52, Lynchburg knocked off #17 Emory and Henry 65-54, and Trinity continued the ranked-teams-losing theme by getting past #25 Ozarks 63-52.

Sim blowout watch: We finally have an official blowout victim and it was by the closest margin.  Muhlenburg failed to cover the 60 point spread against #10 Dickinson in losing 54-115.  Albion fared much better and covered against #19 Calvin 51-82 as did Thiel who lost to #3 Wittenberg 43-80.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Wisconsin La Crosse lost a heart-breaker, falling at Wisconsin Platteville 74-71.  La Crosse had a one point lead and the ball with twenty-five seconds but two missed free throws gave the home team a chance and they took advantage.  A Platteville go-ahead bucket with ten seconds left and a La Crosse turnover right after that sealed the win.

GotN
Trinity (12-2)(bobmeyer) at #9 Hendrix (12-1)(carson333)
We move over to the University conference where they are beating up on each other as usual.  Four teams have one loss in conference and two of them are meeting in this cross-divisional game.  Trinity is in a three way tie for their division lead while Hendrix is a game off the lead.  bobmeyer won the only previous game between these two but the home team is favored by 4.

Also considered: #21 North Carolina Wesleyan at #1 Piedmont, Suffolk at #7 Emerson, #12 Oglethorpe at Palm Beach Atlantic, and #20 Allegheny at Kenyon

Sim blowout watch: Massachusetts Liberal Arts (now there's a name that strikes fear into opponents) is getting a big 75 points as they visit #13 Fitchburg St.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Mount Union (6-7)(rockrob) at John Carroll (10-4)(whit6r)
Big divisional game in the Ohio conference as these teams are sorta tied for the lead at 3-0 and 4-0.  Winner gets the early lead in the standings and a step up on any tiebreakers which might come into play later.  whit6r has a big 14-2 lead in this series and the home team is favored again by 7.
3/25/2014 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.