Setting Rotations Topic

One of the key elements of coaching in basketball are rotations. With that you have different goals and approaches for each rotation. Notes:

1. For example, on one of my teams I have four great athletes and fantastic defenders who are terrible scorers. I want all of these guys to play a lot during the game, but I do not ever want all four of them on the floor together. The inverse of this is that if I have two elite scorers, I want to limit the number of minutes neither of them are on the floor, even if it makes them more fatigued. 

2. I'd like the game planning to be more of a function of who is on the court. When I have my athletic defenders (or my team is going small) I may want to play an uptempo style. But when I have my star scorer and slow center on the court, I may want to be a little more slowdown tempo.

3. Currently you can set how many threes you want to shoot if you're behind at the end of the game, but you also want to be able to sub in your three point shooters if you're behind. Conversely, if I'm ahead at the end of the game I want my terrible foul shooting PF and C off the court (at least on offense). 

4. Similar to how the game will optimize based on the +5 to -5 positioning or tempo for the entire team, it would be great if there was some room for the in-game coach to give some lineups more or less time. If my small ball lineup is having a great run, do not put back in my center. If my athletic bench is having success with pressure, leave them out there even when the starters are fresh. 

In conclusion, I would prefer (or at least have the option) to define lineups (small ball, 3 point team, FT team, defense team, starters) etc and then define how much (generally speaking) playing time I want to have each lineup play based on who I am playing. 
3/3/2014 3:12 PM
Setting Rotations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.