Question on Academic Ineligibles Topic

Short and sweet: at the D1 level, can you redshirt a player in a year that you also have an academic ineligible?  In other words, can you have 10 active players and two who will still have 4 years of eligibility left the next year?
3/4/2014 5:28 PM
Yes it's possible...I just did it last season with my CMU team in Naismith
3/4/2014 6:25 PM
Keep in mind though the ineligible guy might not come back for his 5th season if his grades aren't high enough, or i think there is a small chance he just doesn't feel like returning that 5th year and decides not to show up at all...although i think that hardly ever happens
3/4/2014 6:27 PM
Posted by scthallfan on 3/4/2014 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Keep in mind though the ineligible guy might not come back for his 5th season if his grades aren't high enough, or i think there is a small chance he just doesn't feel like returning that 5th year and decides not to show up at all...although i think that hardly ever happens
Only ways he doesn't show up assuming he has the requisite GPA for the 5th year of eligibility is he either leaves early for the NBA or he transfers away due to the lack of play time.
3/4/2014 7:25 PM
Question on Academic Ineligibles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.