12 men deep league Season V Topic

League Rules

1. All players must be above $1 million in Salary.

2. No Clones Allowed

Following  6 player-seasons are banned for Season 5

12-13 Lebron James
92-93 Dennis Rodman
11-12 Stephen Curry
13-14 Lebron James
94-95 Dennis Rodman
94-95 John Stockton

Please note that this means you are allowed to choose 11-12 Lebron James or 12-13 Stephen Curry. It is these particular player-season combos that are banned.

4. Salary Cap = 50 million

----------------------------------

I like everyone to note that this poll question is only for the "12 men deep" league, and for no other league. This poll is not asking about Lebron in any other league.

after looking at all the comments and seeing who answered the poll, I have to conclude that (1) majority don't care (2) those who don't want the ban are much less vocal, but more numerous. I think I need to try to find a "happy middle" to all this, thus propose the following.

(1) There will be no ban for Season III
(2) After Season III starts I will check which season-player is used and pick the 3 most used season-player to be TEMPORARILY banned for next 3 seasons, that would be season 4 to 6.
(3) Every season, I will check the season-player usage and announce what are the 3 most used season-player for that "12 men deep league season", and temporarily banned them for the next 3 season. This would mean by season 6, we will be working with 9 banned season-player. ON season 7, the 3 that was most used during season 3, thus being banned for season 4 to 6, will be "un-banned" thus be available again. This means we would have maximum banned player-season of 9, some player-season will periodically be available, and the determination will be based by objective usage count.

I hope this is to the liking of the majority. Please post your thoughts and comments about this. If there isn't a major opposition to this, we will implement these rule additions.

-----------------

Ban for Season 4

12-13 Lebron James
92-93 Dennis Rodman
11-12 Stephen Curry

9/3/2014 9:30 PM (edited)
Pie.
3/8/2014 8:06 PM
I would just ban the 1213 season. 
3/8/2014 11:27 PM
I like everyone to note that this poll question is only for the "12 men deep" league, and for no other league. This poll is not asking about Lebron in any other league.
3/9/2014 4:11 AM
At least the 2012-2013 season. Won't hurt my feeling to lose him altogether.
3/9/2014 12:28 PM
I heard talk of other players. In my opinion, I haven't seen them as often as 12-13 Lebron in this "12 men deep" league. I prefer to not talk about other players or even other season, but will go with majority.
3/9/2014 4:27 PM
where does it stop? there will always be a cookie, eventually there's even a cookie in 35m cap no D sub 45efg leagues
3/9/2014 6:08 PM
Posted by felonius on 3/9/2014 6:08:00 PM (view original):
where does it stop? there will always be a cookie, eventually there's even a cookie in 35m cap no D sub 45efg leagues
Good point. While I don't plan to make a decision about this before I hear from more people, my current thought is as follows.

Usually there is three to four season-player that gets over-used in any form. If, and I know that is a big if, this league continues, we could "ban' one-season-player based on the prevalence during the latest season. When we ban the 5th player, we can "unban" the 1st player as well, thus always keeping the number of banned season-player at 4. This way we can encourage more diversity and experiment, while not letting list of banned season-player grow forever. I suspect that by the time we get to 5th player, we may have new NBA season players available, which should shake things up, anyway. This is my idea at the moment, but I really want to know where the public consensus is before deciding anything.

3/9/2014 6:47 PM
qft
3/9/2014 7:44 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/9/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):
qft
After looking at all the comments and seeing who answered the poll, I have to conclude that (1) majority don't care (2) those who don't want the ban are much less vocal, but more numerous. I think I need to try to find a "happy middle" to all this, thus propose the following.

(1) There will be no ban for Season III
(2) After Season III starts I will check which season-player is used and pick the 3 most used season-player to be TEMPORARILY banned for next 3 seasons, that would be season 4 to 6.
(3) Every season, I will check the season-player usage and announce what are the 3 most used season-player for that "12 men deep league season", and temporarily banned them for the next 3 season. This would mean by season 6, we will be working with 9 banned season-player. ON season 7, the 3 that was most used during season 3, thus being banned for season 4 to 6, will be "un-banned" thus be available again. This means we would have maximum banned player-season of 9, some player-season will periodically be available, and the determination will be based by objective usage count.

I hope this is to the liking of the majority. Please post your thoughts and comments about this. If there isn't a major opposition to this, we will implement these rule additions.
3/12/2014 7:28 AM
Since there was no opposition, the above proposed amendments will be implemented. Please join
4/1/2014 2:21 PM
Following 3 player season was found to be most used in season 3. These 3 player-season will be banned for the season 4, 5, and 6.

12-13 Lebron James ( 12 cases ) ,
92-93 Dennis Rodman ( 9 cases ),
11-12 Stephen Curry ( 6 cases )

Please note that this means you are allowed to choose 11-12 Lebron James or 12-13 Stephen Curry. It is these particular player-season combo that is banned.

4/7/2014 2:27 PM
BUMP
5/19/2014 3:45 PM

In this post I will keep the champions and runner ups. Please tell me what else you want me to record.

Season 3

Champ : Team Effort    60-22   0.732   -           By : tadmand

Runner Up : Right or Wrong or What?       60-22   0.732   -           By :     vancem

Season 4

Champ  :  Deep Sh!t     54-28    0.659        slymonium

Runner Up :  Duncan Donuts     55-27    0.671        Midge

9/12/2014 5:18 PM (edited)
Following 3 player season was found to be most used in season 4. These 3 player-season will be banned for the season 5,6, and 7.

13-14 Lebron James
94-95 Dennis Rodman
94-95 John Stockton

Please note that this means you are allowed to choose 11-12 Lebron James or 95-96 John Stockton. It is these particular player-season combo that is banned.
7/16/2014 6:42 PM
12 Next ▸
12 men deep league Season V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.