ULB Looking for 2 owners.............. Topic

ULB is looking for 2 (updated) owners to join a solid World with many dedicated, original owners.  We are elligible to rollover on Sunday the 16th and we'd like to have the new owners in place to start the next new exciting season ASAP.

We have a MWR, with a veteran owner review committee if certain minimums are met.  And we also have rules to keep your minors in working/competitive order.
In fact, here are our rules:

1. Team cities permanent for the life of the league. Nicknames can be changed by a new owner after they complete 1 season in the league. Veteran owners can send a request to the commissioner to have the nickname changed. Please be realistic and professional. Keeping the cities constant are to preserve a consistent league history.

2. Owners may not exceed $25M in prospect payroll for any reason during any season.

3a. "Owners must win a minimum of 50 games every season and 120 every 2 consecutive seasons or they will not be invited back the following year, NO EXCEPTIONS. If an owner finishes between 50-55 wins in 1 season or 120-125 games in 2 consecutive seasons, a committee of veteran owners will discuss/vote whether that owner should be allowed to stay next season. The commissioner will use this information and render final judgment."

3b. If, after sitting out of the world for a full season, the banned owner would like to reapply, they may. If they are readmitted, they may not gain control of their former team.

3c. If the commissioner fails to meet the win thresholds, the remaining users will elect a new commissioner by popular vote. The new commissioner may not change any of the world rules.

4. Minors must be maintained. This means they need to be stocked with appropriate position players and pitchers, and kept free of prolonged pitching fatigue.

Our World has been 99.9% drama free, with an active chat and help/advice always available from all the owners.

We're pet friendly too, mainly because we don't know for sure if a couple of our owners qualify as human.

The available teams are:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Tampa Bay Barracuda Franchise Profile

Division winner, solid team.  Some core players:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Lind

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Karim Ortega

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jose Vazquez

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Bengie Gonzalez

and

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Buffalo Mammoths Franchise Profile

Wild Card playoff entrant.  Some core players:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Billy McNamara

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Carlton Wood

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tomas Matos

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Karim Tabaka

If interseted in any of the above teams, don't wait, send me a sitemail.  This is one league you will enjoy being in.

Jim

(no bullshit........you'll really love ULB)
3/17/2014 2:58 PM (edited)
Great competitive league.  
3/14/2014 7:55 PM
I would be interested in joining!
3/14/2014 8:37 PM
I'm sure jimt will contact you quickly
3/15/2014 7:34 AM
Contacted!! See people, teams are gonna fly, get in quickly!!

In all honesty, I do think we are a fantastic world. No one skirts the rules of fairplay or exploits loopholes. Our owners play the game the way it was intended. if you'd like to be a part of it, let me know.

Jim
3/15/2014 8:41 AM
Agreed.  Weak owners fall by the wayside and strong owners are challenged.  Those of us in the middle get to hone our skills.
3/15/2014 9:40 AM
The New York team is off the open list. The incumbent owner is returning.
3/15/2014 3:17 PM
Excellent, competitive, friendly league.
3/15/2014 8:44 PM
Most of our owners have been with ULB since season 1. I am one of those veteran  owners (along with possibly being one of the 'questionable humans' our Outstanding Commissioner is referring to.......). The league is Drama Free, composed of baseball loving adults, has strict but very workable rules, and is VERY competitive.

3/15/2014 9:30 PM
Jump in gentlemen. 

3/16/2014 1:40 PM (edited)
Looks like we may be down to one team available. This is a very good world that always seems to have very little turnover. Get in while you can.
3/16/2014 9:24 AM (edited)
Go ahead and join if your ready to play, 1 more and we will roll.

3/16/2014 1:40 PM
One of the very best leagues to join, in my humble opinion.
3/16/2014 2:25 PM
We rolled and we're ready to go. I have the password, so send me a sitemail today if your ready to play!! Great league, trust me!!
3/17/2014 6:23 AM
Who is left Jimt?
3/17/2014 8:06 PM
12 Next ▸
ULB Looking for 2 owners.............. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.