Mordecai Season 32 - 1 Opening Only Topic

Mordecai has wrapped up its 31th season, and has just rolled into its 32nd this morning. This is a rare opportunity to join the oldest, always-private league in HBD. We normally only have 1-2 openings per season, and they are normally filled without even posting a classified. 

Following is the only available team:

Nashville Ninjas (NL South) 

After 19 seasons with a single owner, this team has had 2 different owners over the last 2 seasons. I thought we had a new long-term owner take over last season, but the veteran of 105 HBD seasons seems to have gone AWOL from HBD.  Several poor seasons in a row have built up a stable of top draft picks, and the team is finally on the upswing again. This is a franchise that could be ready to dominate soon.

As for the world itself: 

Mordecai is a great, low-key, competitive, yet friendly private league. No infighting, no drama, no traderaping... just a bunch of guys interested in competitive play. 

We average only 1-2 teams turning over each season, so you can count on world stability and guys with a real stake in their franchise's future. Almost 2/3 of the world has been here over 10 seasons, and some of our "newer" owners are our strongest. You won't find a more stable world..

While we don't have any hardcore membership rules, this is what I would like to see in a new owner: 

- I prefer an owner who doesn't have several other teams. You're a member of Mordecai, I want you to pay attention to this team. I find that owners of large numbers of teams are not as attentive. They aren't necessarily bad owners... they just aren't as attentive. In general, I tend to shy away from anyone who has 5 or more teams already. 

- A proven track record. I will look at your history. If you have a bunch of one-and-dones, or have a history of your teams getting worse rather than better, we're probably not a good fit. I pride myself on finding owners who will commit to long-term, competitive teams.

- I want someone who can show they know how to play the game without tanking to get there. I understand the need to rebuild, but don't plan on winning 40 games year on your way to "rebuilding". It IS possible to rebuild and be competitive at the same time.

- I like owners who are active in world chat. Contribute something to the world. 

- Owners should be willing to maintain their minor league system. I dont expect you to sign overpriced free agents to try and win in the minors... but I dont think its asking too much to sign your draft picks, maintain an un-fatigued pitching staff, promote appropriately to prevent tons of retirements, etc. 

- I have been known to consider HBD n00bs in the past, but you'll really need to impress me. A n00b sitemail with just "I'm interested" probably isn't going to get it done. 

Anyone who can meet (or exceed) these criteria will likely be a good fit for Mordecai.

I know I sound like a hardass above, but this is only in the "find a new owner" phase. Once we get rolling, I chill out. :)

If you are interested in joining our world, please sitemail me ASAP. Thanks.
3/17/2014 10:24 AM
All other 31 owners have re-upped... just waiting for 1 last owner so that we can get approved. You can be setting your budget later today!
3/18/2014 8:55 AM
good world
3/18/2014 1:01 PM
Mordecai Season 32 - 1 Opening Only Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.