3/20/2014 12:35 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Iowa being in the elite 8 doesn't prove that the college hoops engine sucks. Probably has more to do with what was plugged in for Iowa. 

I wish I could disagree with you about Tennessee. As a Duke fan I fear them greatly. Really bad matchup against a team that is arguably a top 10 squad in my book. With that said I've got Duke going on to lose to Louisville. 
3/20/2014 11:46 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/20/2014 4:24:00 AM (view original):
Told y'all the sim sucks.

But in fairness, I do have Tennessee beating Duke. I would not have had Iowa doing so, though.
there are substantial differences between the sim that predicts the outcome of games, and the HD sim. most particularly, HD sim has nothing converting real players to stats, which i think is a highly suspect area of the sim league basketball or whatever its called. also, the HD sim has been improved numerous times, while I am not sure if that sim league basketball engine has been touched in a decade.
3/20/2014 12:02 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/20/2014 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 3/20/2014 4:24:00 AM (view original):
Told y'all the sim sucks.

But in fairness, I do have Tennessee beating Duke. I would not have had Iowa doing so, though.
there are substantial differences between the sim that predicts the outcome of games, and the HD sim. most particularly, HD sim has nothing converting real players to stats, which i think is a highly suspect area of the sim league basketball or whatever its called. also, the HD sim has been improved numerous times, while I am not sure if that sim league basketball engine has been touched in a decade.
Agreed, in no way, shape, or form was I implying that there are problems with the HD engine.

I do wonder, however, what exactly goes into the simming of the real-life games.
3/20/2014 12:15 PM
real life is totally unrealistic.  The two teams played even for 40 minutes of regulation and then overtime is 14-1?  Real life is clearly broken.
3/20/2014 12:51 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.