Probable Pitchers Lineups for MINOR League Games Topic

For all those that enjoy micromanaging, I being one of them, I think it would be a good idea to include not only the MLB probable pitchers and lineups but also the minor league ones as well on the main page. If you are one to manually set your lineup on all levels then you can do so accordingly and play that "lefty" "righty" matchup, etc. etc. if you so wish.  As it is right now, when setting my minor league batting order I never know if we are going up against a righty or lefty pitcher. As a matter of fact I dont know who the opposing pitcher is at all??? Having this as an option on the main screen would help especially if there are key games that you need to win to help get in the playoffs to get your boys some more experience.   This setting should also have an option to not be displayed on the main screen similar to how you can not elect to see the scores of your minor league teams.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea to put not only the probable pitcher on the main page but the catcher as well. This will help you sneak in some speedy players when you come across an opposing catcher with a bad arm.  Although, you can always review the catcher under 'probable lineups" but it would be one less click.
3/24/2014 12:58 PM
You can tell if the next SP you'll face, at any level is R or L by going to the Lineup page, setting the level and pressing Go. Then click on Lineup again.  If will automatically go to R or L, depending on the next SP that team will be facing.  I think if the next day is an off day it always show L, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you really want to know the exact SP you'll be facing next, you could go to the other teams Schedule page, see who the last SP was, and then go to any screen that shows their roster and figure who's starting next.  Seems like a lot of effort for little payback to me, but if you're into it, it can be done.

It would be wrong to do what you're asking with starting C. Just like in MLB, both teams submit their starting lineup at the same time. So there's no way for a manager to be 100% sure who the other team is starting at C and adjusting his lineup accordingly.  Why shouldn't the other team get to see you're starting a lot of fast players and then get to change their C? That's the same advantage you're asking for.
3/24/2014 1:14 PM
I wouldn't want this on my main page, unless there was a way to toggle it on or off. 

Or just create a new page (minor league game management) so that you can manage it from there.
3/24/2014 2:07 PM
"It would be wrong to do what you're asking with starting C. Just like in MLB, both teams submit their starting lineup at the same time. So there's no way for a manager to be 100% sure who the other team is starting at C and adjusting his lineup accordingly.  Why shouldn't the other team get to see you're starting a lot of fast players and then get to change their C? That's the same advantage you're asking for."

I gotcha there, good point, and I agree with you 100%. And if you really want to know the probable catcher you can check the opposing teams page.

"I wouldn't want this on my main page, unless there was a way to toggle it on or off. "

Yes in my original post I noted it should be an option.

3/24/2014 2:52 PM (edited)
I still think my above idea is a good one. Especially in key games. As it is, we have no idea what the opposing pitchers splits are? are they a poor control pitcher? Do they have a weak gb/fb ratio?  Whats the point in making a ml lineup!!?? Would no one else benefit from this?
1/7/2016 5:27 PM
Probable Pitchers Lineups for MINOR League Games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.