2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 5/5/2015 1:06:00 PM (view original):
I guess it would have been more prudent for her to retain those 30,000 employees and risk the entire company of 350,000 go down the shitter.
Yeah, that's a dumb attack that shouldn't be used.

Better things to point out about Fiona:

- She's against same sex marriage
 - She believes in supply side economics and thinks cutting the estate tax would help the economy
 - She thinks net neutrality is a bad thing
 - She wants to overturn (not sure how) Roe v Wade

Even with all that, she's the lesser of two (or...six) evils on the GOP side. If someone from the right is going to be the next President (and that looks likely), I'd much, much rather it be her than Cruz or Paul or Bush.

5/5/2015 1:40 PM
Those views probably fall into line a huge majority of elected Republicans.
5/5/2015 5:14 PM
Yeah but I doubt most republicans care that she laid people off either.
5/5/2015 5:57 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 5/3/2015 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Mike Huckabee: Former Arkansas Governor and 2nd place finisher in 2008. Very likable guy. Can use his southern and religious roots to perhaps win a state or two, like he did last time, but there may be to many people in his field (Santorum, Scott Walker) that could make that difficult.

Also pardoned a convict from Arkansas who went to Washington State and murdered four cops in a restaurant.
Clemmons' clemency application was supported by Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Marion Humphrey, who argued the cumulative sentence was excessive and cited Clemmons' young age at the time he committed the crimes. The decision was supported by the bipartisan parole board and the trial court judge in Clemmons' case. The Arkansas Parole Board unanimously approved his parole.

After moving to Washington in 2004 
Clemmons punched a deputy in the face, and assaulted a second deputy who arrived to help. Clemmons was placed under arrest and taken to Pierce County Jail, where he continued to struggle and told jail workers, "I'll kill all you *******". He was charged with two felony assault charges and two felony malicious mischief charges, and released from jail the next day after posting a $40,000 bail bond without seeing a judge.

Clemmons was arrested on July 1, 2009 charged with second-degree rape of a child. An evaluation, completed by two psychologists from the Western State Hospital on October 19, concluded Clemmons was dangerous and presented an increased risk of future criminal acts. Pierce County Judge John McCarthy set bail for Clemmons' assault charges at $40,000, considerably below the $100,000 prosecutors sought based on Clemmons' history of violence. Pierce County Judge Thomas Felnagle set bail for the child-rape charges at $150,000, lower than the $200,000 sought by prosecutors, but higher than usual for the charges. On November 23, 2009, Clemmons paid $15,000 for a $190,000 bail bond to secure his release.
5/5/2015 7:16 PM
Pointing at this to undermine Huckabee is weak.

Sure it wasn't the greatest move on Huckabee's part, but there were lots of support for it, and Clemmons seemed sincere back in 2000.

There were also a LOT of opportunities missed to get this guy back where he belonged, which are documented above.

5/5/2015 7:20 PM
Nitpicking. 
5/5/2015 7:38 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/5/2015 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Pointing at this to undermine Huckabee is weak.

Sure it wasn't the greatest move on Huckabee's part, but there were lots of support for it, and Clemmons seemed sincere back in 2000.

There were also a LOT of opportunities missed to get this guy back where he belonged, which are documented above.

Huckabee is a dipshit who has no chance of winning the nomination, let alone a general election. As a liberal I BEG the Republicans to nominate him. Other than running against Ted Cruz, it might be the only chance Hillary has of winning.
5/5/2015 7:48 PM
I'm not sure why you think Hillary is in such dire straights that the Repubs would have to pick a poor General Election candidate in order for her to win, then again you thought Dave Brat (the guy who beat Cantor) would lose in the General, and he ended up winning by 20.
5/5/2015 8:19 PM
Who the **** is Dave Brat?

I don't think there is a great chance any Democrat wins in 2016.
5/5/2015 9:06 PM
www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

I don't think the chances are great for either party, especially this far out. However, the electoral map favors Democrats.

www.270towin.com/2016_election_predictions.php

Hopefully that link works correctly. The blue states are ones that have been won by a Democrat in every election since 1992. I included North Carolina and Indiana in the red column even though Obama won them in 2008, because I believe that was a fluke.

So the race starts out 242-206, with Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Florida the states in play. All were won by Obama twice.
5/5/2015 10:13 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/5/2015 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Who the **** is Dave Brat?

I don't think there is a great chance any Democrat wins in 2016.
Let's hope not.
5/5/2015 10:17 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/5/2015 10:13:00 PM (view original):
www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

I don't think the chances are great for either party, especially this far out. However, the electoral map favors Democrats.

www.270towin.com/2016_election_predictions.php

Hopefully that link works correctly. The blue states are ones that have been won by a Democrat in every election since 1992. I included North Carolina and Indiana in the red column even though Obama won them in 2008, because I believe that was a fluke.

So the race starts out 242-206, with Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Florida the states in play. All were won by Obama twice.
Um ok, I'll buy that. Unless PA goes red for the first time in 30 years or Dems lose ALL the swing states, maybe I'm wrong to be so pessimistic.
5/5/2015 10:51 PM
HILLARY JUST FORCED THE REPUGS TO TAKE A STAND ON IMMIGRATION......... REPUGS WILL START ******* OFF THE GROWING BROWN POPULATION
5/6/2015 4:56 AM

As Hewlett-Packard CEO, Carly Fiorina laid off 30,000 workers while tripling her salary and buying a million dollar yacht and five corporate jets.

Now she thinks she's qualified to become President of the United States.

5/6/2015 5:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/5/2015 12:59:00 PM (view original):
WHAT??!?!?!?!   A CEO HAD TO LET PEOPLE GO!?!??!!   OH, THE INSANITY!!!!
AND A CEO MADE A LOT OF MONEY!?!??!?    OMG!!!!!!!!
5/6/2015 7:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.