2016 Presidential Race Topic

6/16/2015 11:34 AM
6/16/2015 11:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I never thought Trump would actually run. He's been pretending to want to run for different offices through the years, for the sole purpose of getting media exposure. I thought he was going to announce that he was going to create a SuperPAC. Which is something that he still might do and is probably a better use of his time and money instead of running a chaotic campaign.

I think he could drop out at any time and just blame the media for not giving him a fair shot or whatever.
6/16/2015 9:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
6/18/2015 8:51 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 6/18/2015 5:30:00 AM (view original):
The Hollywood Reporter: Donald Trump Campaign Offered Actors $50 to Cheer for Him at Presidential Announcement
Big Deal...... It's not like any of the other candidates go to a place where they expect to get booed off the stage. They all pick their places to make their speeches in front of friendly crowds. And if there is any disruption the media pretty much deletes it and the public never sees it anyway.

The majority of candidates and the whole process to get elected is about as phony as it can get anymore. Hey you got money like Trump you can run for president, if you don't then you better find big donors that you'll have to return favors for their cash and then you can run for president. That sums up why we have crap to pick from.
6/18/2015 1:22 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/16/2015 9:37:00 PM (view original):
I never thought Trump would actually run. He's been pretending to want to run for different offices through the years, for the sole purpose of getting media exposure. I thought he was going to announce that he was going to create a SuperPAC. Which is something that he still might do and is probably a better use of his time and money instead of running a chaotic campaign.

I think he could drop out at any time and just blame the media for not giving him a fair shot or whatever.
The media came in its pants when he announced. This is the best thing ever for them.
6/18/2015 1:48 PM
Apparently he still hasn't filed his candidacy with the FEC. The RNC doesn't want Trump anywhere near the debate stage, but since Trump is probably the most well known candidate besides Bush, that's going to pump up those polling numbers to get him in debates.
6/18/2015 8:28 PM
Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, etc, etc, candidates that can't win but will bring up the things that need to be brought up thus forcing the other candidates to take a stance.   America will be better off if Trump is in the debates.   It will expose people.
6/19/2015 8:10 AM
Perot had issues like NAFTA to run on. Nader is a longtime consumer advocate. I haven't seen or heard Trump really talk about anything not being addressed, besides Donald Trump's wealth.
6/19/2015 2:57 PM
I'm sure I poorly worded my point.    Perot, Nader, Trump can't win so they have/had nothing to lose.   They can say pretty much anything that comes to mind and force other candidates to take a stance on an issue they might not care to.
6/19/2015 3:01 PM
That makes more sense.
6/19/2015 3:23 PM
Either way…the point is brilliant.  
6/19/2015 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.