2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2016 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Well, what happened there was BL changed the topic ever so slightly.

SJP: Endorsed then abandoned someone.
BL: Recent President?

I don't know if an entire party has ever abandoned a governor or congressman but it's probably happened. Leader goes off tangent, party turns back on him. Ted Cruz seems to be a Repub pariah.
Jesus, I can't believe I'm opening this up so we can deal with BL 10 paragraph emails after one of his 10 minute google sessions.

Q: Has a party abandoned it's President before?

Several times. Taft was the one that comes to mind first. Roosevelt, a former friend and supporter, led a revolt against him during his re-election. He lost a lot of support from his own party and then the election. Either Tyler or Harrison was a Whig and the Whigs tried to oust him. Similar arguments could be made for Polk, and even possibly Lincoln.

My point is that I DO believe that Trump could get in, become a trainwreck, and there could be bipartisan action to get him censured or removed.
7/29/2016 9:52 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2016 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 7/29/2016 7:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/28/2016 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/28/2016 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/28/2016 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Trump is a master negotiator!!!!
You are a master troll. You had me going. I honestly thought you actually were pulling for Trump.

A+, dude.
Trump will make America great again!
If he becomes President I hope he does a good job. He won't. He'll probably privatize the Postal Service. Then you'll be unemployed.
Is there a reason it shouldn't be privatized?
Moy would lose his job.
7/29/2016 9:53 AM
What you suggest would make sense if Pence has huge support. Is that the case? Not to my knowledge.

moy's job aside, the Postal Service is practically obsolete. Let FedEx/UPS get into the 5-7 day delivery business.
7/29/2016 10:22 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
quit saying This

all you ******* saying This

quit saying This

you're like a guy waving a sign on the road for a mattress warehouse

This with a arrow and a hand and some tunes, keep movin keep movin

7/29/2016 12:01 PM
baggie, I really think you need to get back on your meds.
7/29/2016 12:04 PM
Keep yer snotty nose out of 'merican bizness, canuck.
7/29/2016 12:04 PM
Cruz is going to make Ryan and Rubio regret their Trump endorsements in the primary debates in 4 years. What I'm hearing from Ryan is "I'm supporting him because its my job as the leader of the republican party, but I don't agree with half of what he says." While endorsing Trump he's publicly distancing himself from every controversial thing Trump says. Cruz took it farther by publicly refusing to endorse, but I don't think even that extra distance will be enough for Cruz to beat Ryan in the 2020 primary.

Hillary will win in 2016, Ryan will beat her in 2020. You heard it hear first!
7/29/2016 3:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/29/2016 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 7/29/2016 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/29/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 7/29/2016 9:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2016 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Well, what happened there was BL changed the topic ever so slightly.

SJP: Endorsed then abandoned someone.
BL: Recent President?

I don't know if an entire party has ever abandoned a governor or congressman but it's probably happened. Leader goes off tangent, party turns back on him. Ted Cruz seems to be a Repub pariah.
Jesus, I can't believe I'm opening this up so we can deal with BL 10 paragraph emails after one of his 10 minute google sessions.

Q: Has a party abandoned it's President before?

Several times. Taft was the one that comes to mind first. Roosevelt, a former friend and supporter, led a revolt against him during his re-election. He lost a lot of support from his own party and then the election. Either Tyler or Harrison was a Whig and the Whigs tried to oust him. Similar arguments could be made for Polk, and even possibly Lincoln.

My point is that I DO believe that Trump could get in, become a trainwreck, and there could be bipartisan action to get him censured or removed.
"Emails?" How old are you?

Working against Roosevelt's re-election isn't the same as endorsing him and then plotting to get him removed. Plus, what could Trump possibly do in office that is worse than what he's already promised?

What's Ryan going to say, "I know Trump said he was open to nuking Europe. We just didn't think he'd actually do it, so we're going to impeach him now."
I said that Trump could get in, and then subsequently become so unpopular that there would be bi-partisan support to censure or even remove him.

You said the Republicans would never do that because they helped get him in.

What you miss in all this is that when you listen to the Republican leadership that would be the ones that would need to be part of a censure or removal, none of them are hooking their wagons up to him. Obviously if you out and out endorsed a candidate, it would be political suicide to hamstring them later on.

For Ryan, all I heard was 'I endorse you because you told me you would work on 'GOP House Policy'. Hmmm. Pretty broad. If he interprets that Trump does something that is - not - consistent with what RYAN thinks is 'GOP House Policy, he can pretty much do what he wants with the excuse of Trump went back on what he said he would do in order to get his endorsement.

McConnell" 'I endorse whoever gets nominated... and the nominee has an obligation to unite the party around our goals.'

Cornyn - "I'll support whoever got nominated. Don't ask me about Trump again."

Scalice - "I support the nominee"

McMorris - "He was nominated so I endorse him."

Hmmm... Add to that none of the Bushs or much of the old Republican guard is endorsing him either.

So, back to what we originally talked about, do I think that the Republican leadership would be willing to back a bi-partisan action against Trump? YES.

And by the way moron, It was Roosevelt that worked against Taft's relection. He DID out and out endorse him for President, got him elected, and then came back 4 years later and made sure he lost.

So quick with the name calling. Yeah, I misread your post.

And who's the one writing 10 paragraph "emails?"

I think Trump getting elected and then removed from office is probably last on the list of 2016 general election possibilities.
Noted.
7/29/2016 4:15 PM
Posted by zimbabweguy on 7/29/2016 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Cruz is going to make Ryan and Rubio regret their Trump endorsements in the primary debates in 4 years. What I'm hearing from Ryan is "I'm supporting him because its my job as the leader of the republican party, but I don't agree with half of what he says." While endorsing Trump he's publicly distancing himself from every controversial thing Trump says. Cruz took it farther by publicly refusing to endorse, but I don't think even that extra distance will be enough for Cruz to beat Ryan in the 2020 primary.

Hillary will win in 2016, Ryan will beat her in 2020. You heard it hear first!
Ryan has the credentials. And he'll have 4 years to sit back and torpedo everything Hillary does with (what I will assume is) an even worse cabinet than Bush 2 walked into office with in 2001.

So I gotta say this is a distinct possibility.
7/29/2016 4:17 PM

Donald Trump has defeated Hillary Clinton — at least when it comes to TV ratings for their acceptance speeches.

Last Thursday at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, 34.9 million people watched the Republican nominee across broadcast and cable networks.

This Thursday in Philadelphia, 33.3. million viewers saw Hillary Clinton give her historic speech as the first woman nominated for president by a major party, according to preliminary results.

7/29/2016 7:27 PM
Trump is a winner!!!
7/29/2016 7:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...399|400|401|402|403...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.