2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 1:57:00 AM (view original):
I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share. You deserve Trump as President. He can **** the country over the way you ******** have always wanted it.
You're an angry, uninformed fellow. Take a sedative and read a book.

And you are a nasty insulting thug but then you know that, right?
I don't insult everybody. Just those who I think are excruciatingly stupid

Here's the problem when you "group" people like this: "I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share."

I don't think "the left is looking for a free ride." I think there are plenty on the right who want a free ride too. I just don't want to pay for their free ride any more, or any less, than I want to pay for lefty free rides. And I sure as **** don't want the left deciding my fair share. A "fair share" would be the same for everybody. Want 15% of my earnings? Fine. Take 15% of the earnings from everyone. I think it's called "Fair tax" and NO POLITICIAN of note will ever support it. Because he gets 0 votes from the left.
8/26/2016 11:02 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/26/2016 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/26/2016 10:55:00 AM (view original):
"What do African-Americans and Hispanics have to lose by going with [TRUMP]. Look at the poverty, crime and educational statistics. [TRUMP] will fix it!"
How?
Mass deportations. Then it is some other country problem
8/26/2016 11:03 AM
Mike

Dude! Excruciatingly stupid? You were educated in the south! Ever hear the one about living in a glass house?

8/26/2016 11:10 AM (edited)
Oh and Mike, I dare you to name three posters you have NOT insulted.
8/26/2016 11:15 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share. You deserve Trump as President. He can **** the country over the way you ******** have always wanted it.

Here's the problem when you "group" people like this: "I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share."

I don't think "the left is looking for a free ride." I think there are plenty on the right who want a free ride too. I just don't want to pay for their free ride any more, or any less, than I want to pay for lefty free rides. And I sure as **** don't want the left deciding my fair share. A "fair share" would be the same for everybody. Want 15% of my earnings? Fine. Take 15% of the earnings from everyone. I think it's called "Fair tax" and NO POLITICIAN of note will ever support it. Because he gets 0 votes from the left.
No one supports a "fair tax" because it doesn't make sense.

You're either not collecting enough money to run the country or you're collecting too much from poor people.
8/26/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/26/2016 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):

No one supports a "fair tax" because it doesn't make sense.

You're either not collecting enough money to run the country or you're collecting too much from poor people.
I know the left has never heard of it but there's this thing called "a budget". It's this concept where you spend less or equal to income.

Who decides "too much from poor people"? Fair is fair. You and I sit down to have a beer. We order the same beer. We're charged the same. It doesn't matter what either of us make. Since bracco is unemployed should he get a free beer if he joins us?
8/26/2016 11:57 AM
I own a local sports bar so the drinks are on me. Except Mike will have to settle for cheap domestic beer.
8/26/2016 12:12 PM

"I know the left has never heard of it but there's this thing called "a budget". It's this concept where you spend less or equal to income."

Didn't you just say this:

"Here's the problem when you "group" people like this: "I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes"

Regardless, most people have heard of a budget. It's a great concept. Thing is, we need a lot of money to run the country. About $3.5 trillion just to pay for defense, medicare, and social security. Add in federal agencies (FBI, IRS), education, social safety nets (food stamps, welfare), and interest on the debt, and we're at just over $4 trillion. Which is about what we already collect. Obviously, there are other outlays which is why we run a deficit. But let's say we cut it down to where we didn't run a deficit. That's still $4 trillion that we need to collect.

Trying to get that using one flat percentage from everyone doesn't make sense. The percentage would have to be high enough to still collect around $4 trillion, which means a huge portion of the tax burden would be shifted from very, very rich people, to middle class and poor people.

Ignoring the moralistic argument, that's a terrible idea economically.
8/26/2016 12:18 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
I own a local sports bar so the drinks are on me. Except Mike will have to settle for cheap domestic beer.
If you own a sports bar, you're not retired. Which makes you a liar.
Or, if you own a sports bar and you're not actively involved in it, you're getting robbed blind. Which makes you excruciatingly stupid.

I report, you decide.
8/26/2016 12:22 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/26/2016 12:19:00 PM (view original):

"I know the left has never heard of it but there's this thing called "a budget". It's this concept where you spend less or equal to income."

"Here's the problem when you "group" people like this: "I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes"

Regardless, most people have heard of a budget. It's a great concept. Thing is, we need a lot of money to run the country. About $3.5 trillion just to pay for defense, medicare, and social security. Add in federal agencies (FBI, IRS), education, social safety nets (food stamps, welfare), and interest on the debt, and we're at just over $4 trillion. Which is about what we already collect. Obviously, there are other outlays which is why we run a deficit. But let's say we cut it down to where we didn't run a deficit. That's still $4 trillion that we need to collect.

Trying to get that using one flat percentage from everyone doesn't make sense. The percentage would have to be high enough to still collect around $4 trillion, which means a huge portion of the tax burden would be shifted from very, very rich people, to middle class and poor people.

We need a lot of money to run the country as it's currently set up. Change the set up.

I thought the very, very rich hardly paid any taxes. But, anyway, change it to sales tax rather than income tax. You buy, you pay taxes. Instead of a dime on the dollar spent, you pay a quarter. But no income tax. IRS, as we know it, is gone as a bonus.
8/26/2016 12:27 PM
Says the man who lives in his car.
8/26/2016 12:28 PM
I feel that MikeT does not think I am excruciatingly stupid, maybe normal stupid, but not excruciatingly so. Yet, to my everlasting pain, he has insulted me numerous times, mostly due to his jealousy of my living in Wisconsin. Also, he does not like my B O S T O N baseball cap.
8/26/2016 12:30 PM
What kind of fool lives in WI and wears a multi-colored Boston cap?
8/26/2016 12:34 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Says the man who lives in his car.
That was about 35 years ago but OK.

So which is it? Are you a liar in that you're not retired or excruciatingly stupid because you do not take an active role in the bar you supposedly own thus get robbed blind on a daily basis?
8/26/2016 12:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/26/2016 12:19:00 PM (view original):

We need a lot of money to run the country as it's currently set up. Change the set up.

I thought the very, very rich hardly paid any taxes. But, anyway, change it to sales tax rather than income tax. You buy, you pay taxes. Instead of a dime on the dollar spent, you pay a quarter. But no income tax. IRS, as we know it, is gone as a bonus.
Oooooh, ok, just change the set up so we don't need as much money, no biggie.

****, why didn't someone think of that sooner?

Like I said last time this came up, people that want to install a flat or fair or universal sales tax are really just interested in shifting the tax burden from the rich to the middle and lower class.
8/26/2016 12:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...451|452|453|454|455...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.