2016 Presidential Race Topic

I have no idea why someone didn't think of it sooner. Maybe because the current set-up lines the pockets of government employees? Put in your time, collect a nice pension for life? Pass this bill or that bill, curry favor, stay employed and maybe get a little under the table payment?

I'm not interesting in shifting the tax burden. I'm not rich or lower class. I just tire of hearing "Fair share" when pandering to the lower class.

As evidenced by our choices for President, the system is broken. It no longer works. Change it.
8/26/2016 12:40 PM
It ******* pains me to say but Trump is right when he asks "What do you have to lose?" The poor black community has been the poor black community since they weren't slaves. It hasn't gotten better for them with Dems helping them or Repubs ignoring them. If I were them, I'd be retarded like moy/all3 and say "He's a wild card. Who knows what he'll do?" because, with Hillary, I know I'll still be poor and black after 4 years.
8/26/2016 12:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Says the man who lives in his car.
That was about 35 years ago but OK.

So which is it? Are you a liar in that you're not retired or excruciatingly stupid because you do not take an active role in the bar you supposedly own thus get robbed blind on a daily basis?
If my children are robbing me they are in reality robbing themselves. As long as it stays in the family I could care less. Why should I take biz advice from someone who admits to a history of falling flat? Oh and I am still looking for that list
8/26/2016 12:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:40:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea why someone didn't think of it sooner. Maybe because the current set-up lines the pockets of government employees? Put in your time, collect a nice pension for life? Pass this bill or that bill, curry favor, stay employed and maybe get a little under the table payment?

I'm not interesting in shifting the tax burden. I'm not rich or lower class. I just tire of hearing "Fair share" when pandering to the lower class.

As evidenced by our choices for President, the system is broken. It no longer works. Change it.
If you aren't interested in shifting the tax burden, what are you trying to achieve with a "fair" tax?
8/26/2016 12:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/26/2016 12:46:00 PM (view original):

If you aren't interested in shifting the tax burden, what are you trying to achieve with a "fair" tax?
Uh, fairness?

See: Me, you and bracco ordering a beer example.
8/26/2016 12:48 PM
Mr. Nasty is the last person in the world I would want to have a beer with.
8/26/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:48:00 PM (view original):

Uh, fairness?

I get that, but the outcome of that "fairness" is that a lot of the tax money being paid by very rich people goes back to those rich people and we instead take it from middle class and poor people.

Is that what you want to happen?
8/26/2016 12:54 PM
Didn't Buffet say he paid a lower rate than his secretary? How does that happen? Surely he pays a higher percentage, right? Oh, deductions. Fair Tax gets rid of that ****. So does Sales Tax only. The system is broken. Change it.
8/26/2016 12:54 PM
What's the saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result?

America does that with the government. Poor blacks do it with the Democratic party. Do something different. Not Trump, because that's stupid, but don't expect Hillary to change anything. She's a product of the system and has lived her entire life in the political arena.
8/26/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Didn't Buffet say he paid a lower rate than his secretary? How does that happen? Surely he pays a higher percentage, right? Oh, deductions. Fair Tax gets rid of that ****. So does Sales Tax only. The system is broken. Change it.
Because he doesn't make money from labor. He makes it off investments. (which is an actual problem that needs to be solved)

He doesn't pay less because of deductions, dummy.
8/26/2016 1:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 12:48:00 PM (view original):

Uh, fairness?

Using your beer example (but changing it because buying a beer at a bar isn't analogous to taxes):

You, me, and bracco each have to give beer tax to the bar to keep it open.
But this is special beer. Beer necessary to live.

Your life has worked out pretty well. You make a sixtel a year. It's a little more beer than a lot of people have but you are no where near beer rich.
bracco's life has not gone as well. He makes a 40oz. He's much poorer than most people.
I make a 1000 gallon storage tank.

In the current system, I give up around 500 gallons year, which kind of sucks for me but I still have 500 gallons left this year. It's more than you will gross in 90 years.

You give up about a gallon (or 20% of your beer) a year.

bracco gives up nothing. His entire gross is less than a third of what you pay in tax, anything we take from him would just be a drop in the bucket.

In your new fair system, what percentage of beer makes sense?

10%? Now I give up 100 gallons, you give up half a gallon, and bracco gives up 4 of his 40oz. The bar is short about 400 gallons.
15%? Now I give up 150 gallons, you give up three quarters, and bracco gives up 6 of his 40oz. The bar is short about 350 gallons.
25%? Now I give up 250, you give up 1.25, and bracco gives up 10oz. The bar is still short about 250 gallons and bracco is ******.
35%? Now I give up 350 gallons, you give up over 1.75, and bracco gives up 14oz. bracco is dead. The bar is still short about 150 gallons.
8/26/2016 1:22 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/26/2016 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 1:57:00 AM (view original):
I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share. You deserve Trump as President. He can **** the country over the way you ******** have always wanted it.
You're an angry, uninformed fellow. Take a sedative and read a book.

And you are a nasty insulting thug but then you know that, right?
I don't insult everybody. Just those who I think are excruciatingly stupid

Here's the problem when you "group" people like this: "I love when you right wingers ***** about paying taxes. You claim the left is looking for a free ride but you are the ones who are not willing to pay your fair share."

I don't think "the left is looking for a free ride." I think there are plenty on the right who want a free ride too. I just don't want to pay for their free ride any more, or any less, than I want to pay for lefty free rides. And I sure as **** don't want the left deciding my fair share. A "fair share" would be the same for everybody. Want 15% of my earnings? Fine. Take 15% of the earnings from everyone. I think it's called "Fair tax" and NO POLITICIAN of note will ever support it. Because he gets 0 votes from the left.
Admit it, Mike. You insult anyone and everyone. At least on this website. That could be because pretty everyone here comes across as excruciatingly stupid at one time or another. (For some it is all the time) In real life, you probably only insult people 75% as much as you insult them here.
8/26/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by kermit on 8/26/2016 12:30:00 PM (view original):
I feel that MikeT does not think I am excruciatingly stupid, maybe normal stupid, but not excruciatingly so. Yet, to my everlasting pain, he has insulted me numerous times, mostly due to his jealousy of my living in Wisconsin. Also, he does not like my B O S T O N baseball cap.
Mike thinks you are excruciatingly stupid, Kermit. He thinks EVERYONE is excruciatingly stupid. That sad part is he's right 90% of the time.
8/26/2016 1:29 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 8/26/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Mr. Nasty is the last person in the world I would want to have a beer with.
I think I'd enjoy having a beer with Mike. Not sure how many of you other ***** I could say that about. Maybe Kermit. Definitely not bronxidiot or moy.
8/26/2016 1:31 PM
vandydave
Hall of Famer
Add Favorite
Block User
I hope Moy doesn't really believe the political comments he makes in the presidential race thread
8/26/2016 7:44 AM

bronxcheer
Hall of Famer
MOY IS RICK ROLLING EVERYBODY
8/26/2016 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...452|453|454|455|456...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.