2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2016 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Do you understand the difference between rich small business owners/college professors and poor inner city/poor rural voters?
In terms of people that tend to vote a certain way?

No.

Do you?
I'll help you.

One group is successful, one is not. It makes sense for the successful group to keep voting the same way. Not so much for the other.

Which has been my point.
This. I'll use small words. If your life is not getting better under one party, it might be time to listen to the other party over just pulling the lever marked D or R. While they may want to take your guns or refuse to let cousin Paco stay in the US illegally, they might be a better fit on some other issues. Perhaps the ones that keep in a rundown building in Detroit or a beat up shanty in WV.

Just saying "I like guns. **** the Dems", maybe dig a little deeper.
8/30/2016 1:20 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Please quote the post where that was said. If you can't find it, go **** yourself. I stopped yesterday because you were badlucking. I'll do the same today until you quote that post.

GO!!!!!
8/30/2016 2:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/30/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2016 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2016 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Do you understand the difference between rich small business owners/college professors and poor inner city/poor rural voters?
In terms of people that tend to vote a certain way?

No.

Do you?
I'll help you.

One group is successful, one is not. It makes sense for the successful group to keep voting the same way. Not so much for the other.

Which has been my point.
This. I'll use small words. If your life is not getting better under one party, it might be time to listen to the other party over just pulling the lever marked D or R. While they may want to take your guns or refuse to let cousin Paco stay in the US illegally, they might be a better fit on some other issues. Perhaps the ones that keep in a rundown building in Detroit or a beat up shanty in WV.

Just saying "I like guns. **** the Dems", maybe dig a little deeper.
So a poor person's life will get better if they switch political parties?
a poor person's life will only get better if the poor person works to make it better. That applies no matter which idiot is president and which party is in power.
8/30/2016 2:42 PM
i dont want to live in India where the privileged elite are cows and poor people live in the streets like mickey mice...every civilized country tries to help its poor....great societies evolve the individuals to actualize themselves and those around them and great individuals help evolve the society....govts can make it better for the poor who cant help themselves and also keep it from getting worse for those people...those are and should be our american ideals..as a country we have have been mocking those who care about living up to those ideals....and giving credence to demagogues who think that they are sacred golden cows.
8/30/2016 3:11 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/30/2016 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2016 2:05:00 PM (view original):
WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Please quote the post where that was said. If you can't find it, go **** yourself. I stopped yesterday because you were badlucking. I'll do the same today until you quote that post.

GO!!!!!
You said:

"If your life is not getting better under one party, it might be time to listen to the other party over just pulling the lever marked D or R"

Seems like you're implying things will get better under the other party. Am I wrong about that?
I'm guessing you are wrong. Mike is not implying things will get better if you vote for the other party, just that if things remain the same under the same party you always vote for, you might want to consider trying the other party. It might stay the same. It might get worse. But voting the way you've always voting hasn't changed anything. Am I right, Mike?
8/30/2016 4:29 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/30/2016 3:11:00 PM (view original):
i dont want to live in India where the privileged elite are cows and poor people live in the streets like mickey mice...every civilized country tries to help its poor....great societies evolve the individuals to actualize themselves and those around them and great individuals help evolve the society....govts can make it better for the poor who cant help themselves and also keep it from getting worse for those people...those are and should be our american ideals..as a country we have have been mocking those who care about living up to those ideals....and giving credence to demagogues who think that they are sacred golden cows.
not saying you're wrong, but the government can try to help in many different ways, but if the person in question does not want to work at it, things won't get better for them with just the government help. There are many who take the government help and do nothing to improve their lives on their own. Not all are like that, but many are.
8/30/2016 4:31 PM
Pretty much. But there's no point in arguing with BL. He's decided what everyone else is saying. He can argue with himself. Or, since he can't find the post where that was said, he can go **** himself.
8/30/2016 4:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2016 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Pretty much. But there's no point in arguing with BL. He's decided what everyone else is saying. He can argue with himself. Or, since he can't find the post where that was said, he can go **** himself.
I'm asking you. If you're not saying that their lives will get better, what's your point?
8/30/2016 4:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/30/2016 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2016 9:29:00 AM (view original):
It's easier to make a counterpoint after you've told the other person what they meant.
Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood your point.

Anyway, this seems like a weird thing to complain about. Even if there is a large group of people that are completely clueless about the issues and yet continue to vote for a certain party, that's still better than the very real large group of people that do not bother to vote at all.
What a retarded thing to say.

I would rather have somebody NOT vote, than just blindly vote for a candidate they know nothing about running on a platform they don't understand only because they're from the party their pappy always voted for. And his pappy before him.
8/30/2016 5:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...463|464|465|466|467...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.