2016 Presidential Race Topic

Wisconsin back in play! BL ***** his pants!
RCP moves the state from likely Clinton to Toss Up.
8/31/2016 4:01 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 8/31/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/31/2016 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Would you allow someone to buy a gun without ID?

Right to bear arms, ************.
Some states have voter ID laws. I'm not saying they can't be allowed, I'm saying I disagree with them.
That doesn't answer the question.

Right to bear arms, right to vote. You have to show ID(and jump thru other hoops) for one and just show up, say "Hi! I'm badluck. I live here. Lemme vote" then vote.

Sound right to you? Seems our forefathers thought both were undeniable rights(with restrictions).
8/31/2016 3:51 PM
Trump is now winning North Carolina. C'mon and raise up
Take your shirt off, twist it 'round yo head
Spin it like a helicopter!!!
8/31/2016 3:57 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/31/2016 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Wisconsin back in play! BL ***** his pants!
RCP moves the state from likely Clinton to Toss Up.
It also has Georgia, Arizona, and Missouri as toss ups.

Clinton wins. I'm willing to bet on it. Are you?
8/31/2016 4:12 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/31/2016 3:51:00 PM (view original):

Some states have voter ID laws. I'm not saying they can't be allowed, I'm saying I disagree with them.
That doesn't answer the question.

Right to bear arms, right to vote. You have to show ID(and jump thru other hoops) for one and just show up, say "Hi! I'm badluck. I live here. Lemme vote" then vote.

Sound right to you? Seems our forefathers thought both were undeniable rights(with restrictions).
Sounds right to me. What's your point?
8/31/2016 4:14 PM
Constitutional rights. Why ID for one and not the other?

Now, since you've lost and are starting to badluck again, have a great day!!!!!!
8/31/2016 4:30 PM

So we shouldn't have reasonable safeguards in place to reduce the likelihood of voter fraud occurring in the future?

Hijackings weren't really a problem in the US for decades until a Tuesday morning in September, 15 years ago. How did the lack of safeguards work out that day?

Do you really want to wait until all the horses escape before you decide to close the barn door?
8/31/2016 4:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/31/2016 4:30:00 PM (view original):

Now, since you've lost and are starting to badluck again, have a great day!!!!!!
Are you asking why there are different regulations regarding different constitutional rights?
8/31/2016 4:58 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/31/2016 4:44:00 PM (view original):

So we shouldn't have reasonable safeguards in place to reduce the likelihood of voter fraud occurring in the future?

Hijackings weren't really a problem in the US for decades until a Tuesday morning in September, 15 years ago. How did the lack of safeguards work out that day?

Do you really want to wait until all the horses escape before you decide to close the barn door?
The question is what's reasonable. It's reasonable to make people register to vote. But there isn't a voter fraud problem, so requiring ID seems unreasonable because it places a barrier to voting for some people.

What problem are you trying to solve? Is it worth putting up that barrier?
8/31/2016 5:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/31/2016 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/31/2016 4:30:00 PM (view original):

Are you asking why there are different regulations regarding different constitutional rights?
Because you have the constitutional right to free speech. Should we require photo ID from anyone that wants speak freely?
8/31/2016 5:04 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/31/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):

The question is what's reasonable. It's reasonable to make people register to vote. But there isn't a voter fraud problem, so requiring ID seems unreasonable because it places a barrier to voting for some people.

"Yo, I'm Mary Jones from 324 Pine Street, and I'm here to vote".

"OK, Ms. Smith. Booth #5 is open. Thanks for coming in, and don't forget to get a sticker on your way out".
8/31/2016 5:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/31/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/31/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):

"Yo, I'm Mary Jones from 324 Pine Street, and I'm here to vote".

"OK, Ms. Smith. Booth #5 is open. Thanks for coming in, and don't forget to get a sticker on your way out".
Feel free to keep your private pics of Mike private.

Fraud isn't happening though. You're trying to kill a boogie man that doesn't exist.
8/31/2016 5:26 PM
how do you know fraud isn't happening? Just because you're not aware of it, does not mean it isn't happening. How is requesting photo ID putting up a barrier?
8/31/2016 5:32 PM
This is one of the things that really cracks me up about libs. They see "voter ID" and think that it's some deep, dark, nefarious conspiracy to disenfranchise voters.

It's just a common sense safeguard to protect the integrity of an important process. A safeguard that people deal with almost every day.

Want to buy a six-pack? Show your ID.
Want to buy a pack of smokes? Show your ID.
Want to cash a check? Show your ID.
Want to take a flight from the local airport? Show your ID.
Want to register a car at the DMV? Show your ID.
Want to vote once a year? IT'S A ******* RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!!
8/31/2016 6:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/31/2016 6:42:00 PM (view original):
This is one of the things that really cracks me up about libs. They see "voter ID" and think that it's some deep, dark, nefarious conspiracy to disenfranchise voters.

It's just a common sense safeguard to protect the integrity of an important process. A safeguard that people deal with almost every day.

Want to buy a six-pack? Show your ID.
Want to buy a pack of smokes? Show your ID.
Want to cash a check? Show your ID.
Want to take a flight from the local airport? Show your ID.
Want to register a car at the DMV? Show your ID.
Want to vote once a year? IT'S A ******* RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!!
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy***. I'm saying it's a law that I don't like. In the same way that I'm sure there are laws in place that you don't like,

***except for the North Carolina law. Mike's literate cousins to the north really did up a piece of **** there. They specifically researched ways to limit black voting and then tailored the law around the findings:

“The new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision” and “impose cures for problems that did not exist,” Judge Diana Gribbon Motz wrote for the panel. “Thus the asserted justifications cannot and do not conceal the State’s true motivation.”

The judges noted that Republican leaders had drafted their restrictions on voting only after receiving data indicating that African-Americans would be the voters most significantly affected by them.

“We cannot ignore the record evidence that, because of race, the legislature enacted one of the largest restrictions of the franchise in modern North Carolina history,” they wrote.

8/31/2016 7:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...468|469|470|471|472...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.