5 simultaneous leagues, FULL Topic

This is a draft league

We will play five leagues, simultaneously.  For each of your teams you will use a different season for each player.  For instance, say you draft Stan Musial, you will use a different season, of your choice, on each of your five teams.

All players are exclusive, only one Stan Musial in each league.

Each league will have a different cap, they will be 80, 90, 100, 110 and 120m.  Again, you will play five leagues at the same time, with the same players, using a different season each time.  You can use a partial season for someone if you like, but you may not use that same year for the same player in another league.

No, AAA, no DH, no trades, play in any stadium you like.

The draft is not as easy as it sounds.

Any questions, I am an open book.

1.  Spotsell
  2.  Contrarian23
  3.  Razorclams
  4.  Mllama54
  5.  Horus_6
  6.  Calhoop
  7.  Pinotfan
  8.  Brianjw
  9.  Pmars2001
10.  Markeking
11.  Reddtrain
12.  Schwarze
13.  Mpitt76
14.  Ronblood
15.  Besterateam
16.  Batandball
17.  Ghsisler
18.  Buddhagamer
19.  Barracuda3
20.  Erne6
21.  Dorkster
22.  Cholatse
23.  Snuffy45
24.  Trentonjoe

Spotsell, Contrarian23, Razorclams, Mllama54, Horus_6, Calhoop, Pinotfan, Brianjw, Pmars2001, Markeking, Reddtrain, Schwarze, Mpitt76, Ronblood, Besterateam, Batandball, Ghsisler, Buddhagamer, Barracuda3, Erne6, Dorkster, Cholatse, Snuffy45, Trentonjoe

Admin has graciously donated a $50 gift certificate to the overall winner.  The overall winner of the five leagues will be determined as follows:

1 point for each of your five teams regular season wins
3 points for each of your teams that makes the playoffs
5 additional points for winning a world series

Tie Breakers:  World Series Titles, Most Playoff Teams, Most total regular season wins, after that it the prize will be split.

Optional side bet:  If you like, you may purchase an additional $10 gift certificate for an extra prize pool.  You need not buy the gift certificate, but if you do, you will be eligible to win an additional prize(s).  Regardless, everyone is eligible to win the $50 gift certificate.  Later, as we get closer to filling, I will send everyone instructions on this extra, totally optional, side bet gift certificate.  Don't buy it yet.

4/14/2014 8:44 PM (edited)
Was just thinking about this idea....I think schwarze ran a similar theme a few years ago and it was a blast.  I'll play if you'll have me.
3/28/2014 5:43 PM
Of course my friend, welcome, I played this a long time ago and hadn't seen it since, couldn't remember who did it.  I know one thing different, I think, than the other time I played is the different caps.
3/28/2014 9:02 PM
Yes...and when schwarze did it as I recall you had to use 5 consecutive seasons of the player, which was an interesting wrinkle to say the least (war years were not excluded, so that pretty much eliminated Ted Williams's best seasons).  But I like the way you've set it up...5 different seasons, and 5 different caps...should make for a lot of creative drafting strategies.
3/28/2014 10:14 PM
The challenge is making everyone fit, a real jigsaw puzzle
3/29/2014 12:54 AM
ok Spotsell...I'm in for a new, jigsaw puzzle-like experience
3/29/2014 11:22 AM
I am in.
3/29/2014 9:40 PM
This is gonna be Crazy....I, of course, am in.
3/29/2014 11:34 PM
I am in.  

Are we drafting 25 rounds?  I think schwarze ran a couple of tandem leagues like this, one with consecutive seasons and another with similar variable caps.  I do think that the drafts were both less than 25 rounds, though.  I think we used undrafted players to fill out rosters.  

drafting all 25 players would be Madness.  I like Madness.
3/29/2014 11:41 PM
Thank you gentleman, yes, we will draft all 25 rounds in a snake
3/29/2014 11:52 PM
I rarely play draft leagues,  but this looks too crazy to pass up.  Besides, based on just the first half-dozen owners signed up, the league banter should be worth the price of admission!  I'm in!
3/30/2014 10:04 PM
Sign me up...
3/30/2014 10:48 PM
What's the draft order? Random first round then snake draft?
3/30/2014 11:48 PM
I'll do it if you'll have me
3/31/2014 2:11 AM
Posted by brianjw on 3/30/2014 11:48:00 PM (view original):
What's the draft order? Random first round then snake draft?
The draft will be a snake, order determined by random.org by a third party.  Starting in the first round and continuing one pick at a time until done.  Divisions will be aligned randomly.
3/31/2014 8:27 AM
1234 Next ▸
5 simultaneous leagues, FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.