Best Jobs in Crum D3: Come Join the OAC Topic

If you want to play in a fun, competitive conference, give us a look in the Ohio Conference in Crum. Right now we have the best combination in the world of conference quality and quality of job openings. 

The Freedom Conference has been #1 for a while in Crum D3, but they have no openings, and the Ohio was a strong #2 last year, closing the RPI gap from the tenths to the hundredths place. We had five coaches in the NT this season, four who won a game in the NT, one who made the Final Four (and didn't even win the regular season conference title), and three who finished the season ranked. And all five of us are all long-term guys. Oh yeah, and we also had two runs to the PIT Final Four to help the NTers boost the bonus cash situation. 

We lost a couple human coaches to real life this offseason, so there are some jobs available that aren't total rebuilds. But if you like rebuilds, we have those too. The six five four available jobs: 

*Ohio Northern. B prestige. Five open scholarships. I tried to get my brother to play HD, and this is his team. He could basically only be bothered to log in during recruiting, which he found interesting. On the plus side, that means there's actually talent to work with. I can say from recruiting discussions that the rising junior class had the potential to be a pretty good one. It would be better if their practice plan hadn't been all 10's for two years, but it's still better than taking over a Sim. Went to the PIT championship last season, has some talent still there, has five open scholarships, and shares a division with four consistent NT coaches. May have more than 20 grand to recruit with next season. Hard to ask for much more when looking for a D3 job. 

Heidelberg. B prestige. Four open scholarships. When I started playing HD two summers ago, this was the program I saw as what you could do if you were a really good coach. Since then, they've been a bit inconsistent (actually, they were inconsistent then too--I just joined in a good year), but they've made the postseason of some kind six years straight and are coming off a PIT Final Four, so it's not like you're taking over for an idiot or a Sim. And you have four schollies to play with. 

*John Carroll. C+ prestige. Two open scholarships. Human-coached for my entire time in Crum by the all-time leader in PIT wins. You may not be taking over an NT roster, but it won't be awful either. 

*Otterbein. C prestige. Seven open scholarships. FB/FCP team with a ton of open scholarships and three seniors behind them. Otterbein is in the most competitive division, so it'd be a great job for a talented coach who likes competition and wants to make his mark quickly. With over 22 grand in recruiting cash this season, you'll certainly have the funds. 

*Mount Union. C- prestige. Five open scholarships. It's a rebuild, but with nearly 20 grand in recruiting cash, you should be able to get a good start. 

*Capital. C- prestige. Three open scholarships. 
4/1/2014 7:34 PM (edited)
Do it! We've got top notch coaches, just need a couple more and we'll be unstoppable. Help us take down the freedom conf.!
3/29/2014 3:14 PM
ONU and John Carroll are filled. Still four jobs left, including a pretty solid gig with lots of human-recruited players at Heidelberg and a rebuild with a ton of bonus cash at Otterbein

Today is the last day for job applications. Will open up to those outside the world tomorrow. 
3/31/2014 10:18 AM
Midwest the 4th best conference rpi wise - 6 openings.
3/31/2014 5:40 PM
ONU, Heidelberg, and John Carroll are gone, but there are still some nice rebuilds left. 
4/1/2014 7:35 PM
what the heck! I was gonna join, got an email last night at 240am about there being openings, this afternoon went to join and it was already setting up for next season :(
4/2/2014 4:23 PM
The world was open to new folks from roughly 3 AM Tuesday until 5 PM Wednesday, unless I'm misunderstanding something or something went wrong. But if something did go wrong, I suppose you could send a ticket. Otherwise, if you're still looking for a job in 45 days, we'd love to have you. 
4/2/2014 5:52 PM
Weird, I got the message at 2:40 AM last night that it was open. I tried to join the next afternoon at 4 PMish and it was closed. Just figured I had more than half a day :(
4/3/2014 12:44 AM
Actually, if you're still looking for a conference, my Phelan conference is still open for the next four hours, and it's been a pretty good one. We had two ghost-ships drag our RPI down last season, but we have some damn fine coaches. Last season was the first time in eight years we haven't put at least one team in the Elite Eight. California, Santa Cruz is a nice rebuild (seven open scholarships). Is two-a-day though. 
4/3/2014 12:22 PM
Best Jobs in Crum D3: Come Join the OAC Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.