Hello everyone. I am new around here, and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in doing a league centered around the '93-'94 season. I got the inspiration for this by watching a documentary about Reggie Miller vs the Knicks and it reminded me of how awesome the NBA was in the 90's. I remember in particular that there was this aura around the '93-'94 season because Jordan has retired and the championship seemed up for grabs. There was awesome physical play. We had the Knicks at the height of their Pat Riley led greatness, Hakeem at his MVP form and his fellow championship Rocket squad, The Nuggets first round upset of the Sonics, the Larry Brown/Reggie Miller led Pacers, the up and coming Magic led by young Shaq and Penny Hardaway, the rookie year of C-Webb and others, and the list goes on!
Anyhow, how does everyone feel about a league centered around this classic season? I'm thinking a $50 million cap, no clones, and if possible, for us to do a draft of the players (perhaps on this forum, with draft position being selected randomly, and then snaking each round afterwards) to ensure that only one team gets a particular player.
Thoughts, comments, suggestions, interested at all? Would love to hear feedback before I create the league. 
Thanks!
3/30/2014 6:01 PM
Well if there's a draft no need for a cap. Just draft the 12 players there are only so many minutes and a ABBABBABA draft will even things out. I do like single season drafts. So I would probably join but with the new 13-14 players being released in a couple of weeks it may not be the right time. DH555 runs the annual single season draft for the new players.
3/30/2014 6:44 PM
Got it. Thanks for the input.
3/30/2014 7:38 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.