Secretary sounds pretty hot... Topic

Hey guys just got the scholarship message "Hey coach just gonna be honest with you , the only reason I didnt say no to your scholarship offer was because your secretary sounds pretty hot" Does that mean this dude is out of my league? My scouting reports on him say that we have a shot at landing him but I know the scholly message its the important message. Thanks
3/30/2014 8:36 PM
IIRC, I've gotten that message from attempted pulldowns who I had not successfully pulled down. You might also get it from guys who are in your league but you haven't recruited hard enough. Not sure. 
3/30/2014 9:31 PM
Agree w/tarvolon.  The only time I have received this message was when I tried to pull a recruit down, but didn't send enough scouting visits for the pulldown to be successful.  Assuming you had the money and the inclination to do so, you could send additional scouting visits and eventually your target will drop down and you will get a more positive scholarship message.  So he's not necessarily 'out of your league' -- you still have a shot -- but you will have to decide for yourself whether the extra cash and potential risk that goes with that is worth it.

I've never received this message in the second scenario tarvolon mentioned - if you are recruiting a guy in your league but haven't recruited hard enough.  Not saying that is not possible, just that I haven't observed it in my experience.
3/30/2014 9:44 PM
Im hoping its the latter and not the former Tarv!
3/30/2014 9:45 PM
You should be able to know whether it's the former or the latter. Looking at your roster of teams, I assume this is a target for your Queens team in Iba. Is the guy you are targeting listed on your recruiting search window as a D1 or D2 recruit? When I said 'league', I meant 'division' - sorry if the choice of words was misleading. I have only received the secretary message when trying to recruit a player in a higher division than my school. I have never received it when trying to recruit a player listed in the same division as my school.
3/30/2014 10:44 PM
Yea man hes a d1 player. I am in d2. Im attempting to pull him down. This message just threw me off though because it sounds as if he is blowing me off. 
3/30/2014 10:53 PM
I am also not sure what the message means but do think it is VERY important to have a hot secretary.
3/31/2014 8:58 AM
Ok well here's an update. I threw a few more scouting visits and this dude and he dropped to me. So this message does not mean they are out of your league. Just means you need more effort. And yes slim all of my secretaries are smoking hot!
3/31/2014 9:54 AM
Posted by muskies85 on 3/31/2014 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Ok well here's an update. I threw a few more scouting visits and this dude and he dropped to me. So this message does not mean they are out of your league. Just means you need more effort. And yes slim all of my secretaries are smoking hot!
Probably sent the secretary to do the scouting trip ...
3/31/2014 10:01 AM
My secretaries also must have high potential in ball handling...
3/31/2014 10:11 AM
I have definitely landed a player after receiving this message.
3/31/2014 11:31 AM
Posted by muskies85 on 3/31/2014 9:54:00 AM (view original):
What distance was the recruit? Maybe that message means he was immediately recruitable?
3/31/2014 4:54 PM
Secretary sounds pretty hot... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.