Posted by jfootball88 on 4/8/2014 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Everyone wants to talk about my D-1 record but that's not the point. I could have ran a different offense and won more games my first two seasons. But that's not the point the point was to develop a NICHE offense that teams can't game plan for but have to recruit to play against and that is one KEY to running a Spread Offense that focres teams to play all of their DB's. Hence why Ddingo hasn't won anything worth while like a Bowl game...His team is easy to play against and gameplan against. No need to recruit to play him, he uses basic formations.
He has four DIA National Titles in Stagg alone at three different schools, but sure, he is easy to gameplan against.
4/8/2014 10:51 PM
anyone know why worlds 9-10-11 have exact same starting dates for recruiting as other worlds instead of it being slightly off from the other worlds? This interferes with my desire to start playing and immediately join all 11 worlds.
4/8/2014 10:53 PM
Posted by samson75 on 4/8/2014 10:13:00 PM (view original):
SO recruiting is what is different at higher levels.  Not the actual game.  So coaches saying Jfootball's strategy is only a div 3 anomaly aren't really making sense.  His game settings are what the topic is about, not his recruiting ability, although he obviously would need the later for the former to work. 

Hey if people want to shut him up, come on over to Yost.  More competitive coaches in the div 3 ranks would be welcome!!!   
Not entirely true. While you make a valid point, because of the the way percentages work, there is less variation in D1 rating matchups than in D3. Therefore, gameplanning becomes MORE important and player ratings less so (although they do still reign supreme). 

The Wishbone expirements are a great example. Many who ran the WB will tell you that it was successful at the lower levels, but the higher you went the more unproductive it was. This, I believe, was due to the fact that the ratings were like I mentioned above. A 10 point difference in D1 (80 vs. 90, or .88 vs 1) is smaller than a 10 point difference at D3 (50 vs. 60, or .83 vs 1). 
4/8/2014 10:56 PM
Posted by curtains on 4/8/2014 10:54:00 PM (view original):
anyone know why worlds 9-10-11 have exact same starting dates for recruiting as other worlds instead of it being slightly off from the other worlds? This interferes with my desire to start playing and immediately join all 11 worlds.
They spaced out the original 8, and the other three were added much later and they made the decision to start aligning them with others. I think if they max exodus after the second engine came into use hadn't happened that we would likely have 16 worlds.
4/8/2014 10:59 PM
Yeah just seems weird to align them....why not make them like 2 days apart :)

btw who here spends the least amount of time during recruiting, for the entire cycle. Any estimates from experienced players in DIV 3?

4/8/2014 11:15 PM
Everyone wants to talk about my D-1 record but that's not the point. I could have ran a different offense and won more games my first two seasons. But that's not the point the point was to develop a NICHE offense that teams can't game plan for but have to recruit to play against and that is one KEY to running a Spread Offense that focres teams to play all of their DB's. Hence why Ddingo hasn't won anything worth while like a Bowl game...His team is easy to play against and gameplan against. No need to recruit to play him, he uses basic formations.
He has four DIA National Titles in Stagg alone at three different schools, but sure, he is easy to gameplan against.

-Dublinut- At least we know who's you know what you're stroking. Get off Dumbdingos JOHN he's a big boy he can stand up for himself!
4/9/2014 1:38 AM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/9/2014 1:38:00 AM (view original):

-Dublinut- At least we know who's you know what you're stroking. Get off Dumbdingos JOHN he's a big boy he can stand up for himself!
I know your natural indication is to insult everyone who doesn't fully buy what you are selling.

I also understand that you have not been around near long enough to completely understand that ddingo and I have never been considered close compatriots.

Still, I actually enjoy watching what you are doing, despite your rhetoric tendency of trying to win your arguments by belittling your opponents.

4/9/2014 6:26 AM
I miss snake_p. He was a troll who put thought and effort into his bullshit.

Try harder jfootball.

4/9/2014 8:51 AM
JFF, just out of curiosity, what happened with Georgia Southern (D1AA - Yost) this season?  Did you end up having to OC that team for free last season since you didn't deliver on your promise to lead the league in passing?  It looks like you didn't continue on there this season.
4/9/2014 10:17 AM
Posted by usfbully on 4/9/2014 8:51:00 AM (view original):

Try harder jfootball.

LOL...
4/9/2014 1:20 PM
JTD- It's the old saying it's hard to cook dinner when you didn't buy the groceries.
4/9/2014 1:50 PM
CO-Coaching with Jibe at Florida has been a lot better but it's only been one season will see how it turns out this year.
4/9/2014 1:51 PM

Try harder jfootball.

USF-Why don't you get a life instead of trolling the forums since you obviously have no reason since you no longer play the game..

4/9/2014 1:52 PM
Posted by usfbully on 4/9/2014 8:51:00 AM (view original):

Try harder jfootball.

This guy needs a life. Same moron that mailed me a few months ago talking crap about something I posted on the board. Guess his girlfriend/hand isn't paying him attention so he trolls boards he is not involved with. Grow up and go outside. Maybe get a hair cut and a real job!
4/9/2014 3:45 PM
I've learned so much about the anatomy of the air raid offense here, thanks guys :)
4/9/2014 3:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.