How to get more SB for one player? Topic

I have a player I would like to have run almost every time he is on base. Is there a way to get him to run more that will not have everyone on the team thinking they have a green light? 

He has 99 speed and 70 base running. He has been on base 90+ times in 80 games and only has 8 SB. 

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5634981

Thanks
4/8/2014 3:57 AM
No
4/8/2014 7:54 AM
Looking at your team my guess is that you're using 2 or 3 for your basestealing, and given your moderate success rate you don't want to bump that.  However, different lineup slots steal at different rates. Where are you hitting him?
4/8/2014 9:07 PM
Where do you get that "different lineup slots" assertion from?
4/8/2014 11:00 PM
Theoretically, high BR guys will steal when the situation calls for it and poor BR guys will just run.   So, one out and the #7 at the plate, a good baserunner will attempt the steal whereas, in the same situation but the 3/4/5 slots coming up, he lets the hitters hit. 

I have no idea if that's true.  I don't think anyone has enough data to prove this.
4/9/2014 8:33 AM
Just feel-- I have no hard data.  But it seems to me that the 1-2 guys run more than the other slots, possibly because they see more running situations.
4/9/2014 9:09 PM
The 1-2 guys (a) would get more PA's throughout the course of the season, and (b) typically would be your higher OBP guys, so (c) would be getting on base more than the rest of your lineup.  It might be less about seeing more running situations, and more about having more running opportunities.
4/9/2014 9:35 PM
I think tec's answer explains nicely why early batting positions get more sb attempts, without there being a different rate for different slots.
4/10/2014 5:02 PM
How to get more SB for one player? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.