Franchise Blacklist League (need 17) Topic

I love franchise leagues, and I love blacklist leagues, so I thought I'd combine them into one simple theme!  The rules are easy...pick a franchise, and draft players that played for your franchise from 1977-present (my lifetime thus far). Franchises are exclusive, so first come, first serve. The catch?  You get to blacklist 2 hitters and 2 pitchers...anyone you want!  You hate Bonds?  Blacklist him, and the owners of the Pirates and Giants can't use him.  Sick of seeing Hojo in every single league you play in?  Blacklist him.  A blacklisted player CANNOT be drafted by any franchise.  Details are:

$100 mil cap
DH in both leagues
No: WW, Trades, AAA, Clones

Thinking this should be fun....I'll blacklist my players once we get some traction. 
  1.  frank_drebin - Oakland A's
  2.  ghsisler - Detroit Tigers
  3.   zillio - Philadelphia Phillies
  4.   Byrdmann - St. Louis Cardinals
  5.  bublooo - Baltimore Orioles
  6.  oakgrove32 - San Diego Padres
  7. RWHAY - Montreal/Washington Expos/Nationals

4/13/2014 9:25 AM (edited)
Blacklist:

Hitters
Alex Rodriguez
Kirk Gibson
Albert Pujols
Mark McGwire
Tim Raines
Howard Johnson
Rickey Henderson
Mike Piazza
Derek Jeter
Wade Boggs
Miguel Tejada
Jason Giambi
Chase Utley
Miguel Cabrera

Pitchers
Mariano Rivera
Ron Guidry
Dennis Eckersley
Greg Maddux
Joe Nathan
Pedro Martinez
Roger Clemens
Randy Johnson
Clayton Kershaw
CC Sabathia
Tim Hudson
Adam Wainright
Curt Schilling
Cliff Lee

4/13/2014 9:27 AM (edited)
I'll take the Tigers.  Blacklisted Hitters are: Alex Rodriguez & Kirk Gibson.  Blacklisted Pitchers are: Mariano Rivera & Ron Guidry.

I know, I know, I'm shooting myself in the foot picking the Tigers and blacklisting Gibson.  The Tigers are my team, but Gibby is my most disliked player ever (well, maybe a close 2nd to Steve Garvey).   Can you tell what franchise I dislike the most based on who I blacklisted?  :)
4/8/2014 3:54 PM
Ha!  I have a feeling there are going to be lots of Yanks on the list.  FYI...as a diehard A's fan, Gibson is also my least favorite Tiger ; )
4/8/2014 4:02 PM
So, you pick a franchise and then the team you thought you could enter gets changed when players you thought you could use get blacklisted AFTER you pick that franchise?
4/8/2014 8:13 PM
yep...was in a league similar to this years ago and loved it.
4/8/2014 10:58 PM
Ill take the Phillies. Ill blacklist:

Hitters:
Albert Pujols
Mark McGwire

Pitchers:
Dennis Eckersly
Greg Maddux
4/9/2014 1:21 AM (edited)
Welcome aboard!
4/9/2014 8:45 AM
I'll go ahead and add my blacklist guys...Howard Johnson, Tim Raines, Pedro Martinez, and Joe Nathan
4/9/2014 10:09 AM
i'd take Cardinals please.
4/10/2014 10:12 AM (edited)
Welcome...just let me know who you want to blacklist.
4/9/2014 11:52 AM
 List Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Ricky Henderson
4/10/2014 10:11 AM (edited)
4/11/2014 1:23 PM
I will take Baltimore and list Derek Jeter and Wade Boggs as hitters pitchers are Kershaw and  Sabathia thank you
4/11/2014 4:21 PM
thanks for joining!
4/12/2014 11:45 AM
12 Next ▸
Franchise Blacklist League (need 17) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.