Greenhorns vs. Geezers Topic

It's a classic battle between exuberant youth and wizened experience. 

You will create a team made up exclusively of greenhorns (players in their first season in the database) or exclusively of geezers (players in their last season in the database). Years are 1890-2010 to make sure people in their first or last years are actually rookies or actually done playing. The cap will be $80M with the standard 24 team setup.

The all-greenhorn teams will be in the junior circuit (AL), and will use the new-fangled DH, because they are hip, progressive, and up with the times. Geezer teams will play real baseball in the senior circuit (NL) and will have nothing to do with that pansy designated hitter garbage that's ruining baseball. 

There will be no AAA or WW in this league (so draft PA and IP accordingly), but trades are acceptable with people in your league (no mixing greenhorns and geezers). Clones are not allowed (or even possible, unless you were to select a full-season and a partial season of the same guy).

Sign up below, noting which league you want to play. To allow the league to fill more quickly, two teams (one team in each league) are allowed. I will sign up 20th to help fill whichever league is shorter on teams.

4/16/2014 5:07 PM (edited)
Geezer League (NL)
1. hacker7

Greenhorn League (AL)
1. hacker7
4/16/2014 5:06 PM (edited)
I'm in. May I have a team in each league?
4/16/2014 4:51 PM
Thanks for breaking the ice and joining, hacker!

With how long leagues take to fill these days, I'm going to go ahead and say taking a team in each league is okay.
4/16/2014 5:01 PM
Pick your favorite rookies or grizzled veterans and start a team!
4/18/2014 12:44 AM (edited)
This is a good opportunity to see players you'd not normally play with.
4/18/2014 6:00 PM
Which is better? Youth or experience?
4/19/2014 4:57 PM
Surely we have some people interested in taking on this challenge?
4/20/2014 8:53 PM
Novel and unique concept! I am definitely interested and will monitor the progress of this great idea. When it gains momentum, count me in.
4/22/2014 2:47 PM
Thanks for your interest gyrene - can I pencil you in for a spot? Which league?
4/22/2014 3:01 PM
I heard the geezers just tell me that they think all the rookies are skeered of them. 
4/23/2014 9:44 PM
If you have been looking at this league and waiting for others to sign up first, it might not happen. If you are interested, please let me know so I can decide whether or not there is enough interest in this league to keep promoting it.

Thanks!
4/29/2014 7:31 PM
Greenhorns vs. Geezers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.