Disillusioned with WIS Topic

Try something new. I played almost exclusively progressives the last 3-4 years and now am coming back to really enjoying some theme leagues.
4/29/2014 9:26 PM
If you guys are looking for a fun league where you will use different players at the $100M level, check out Donburgh's "Exclusive Ownership" league.  You can read the details in the Theme Classifieds.  Its like being a kid all over again while opening your presents on Christmas.  Who did I get? 

This is the 46th installment and I have played in at least 37-38 of them.  It requires some unique strategy in order to build your team.  Great fun!

4/30/2014 4:47 AM
I've worked for a couple manufacturers over the last 30 years and it's never a good thing when you ignore your customers. It usually means a couple things... that the owner has decided it's a sinking ship and won't invest any more dollars or management doesn't make the necessary adjustments... because they don't know any better. I've seen both... and there are a lot of similarities.

But, like a few others that have posted, I hang around because of the friends I''ve made here. That being said, I still find myself playing a lot more OOTP than I used to.
4/30/2014 10:31 AM

I have been gone for awhile now. Near the end I was just going through the motions on my last couple of progressives I was in.

4/30/2014 11:42 AM
Posted by Bootone on 4/30/2014 10:31:00 AM (view original):
I've worked for a couple manufacturers over the last 30 years and it's never a good thing when you ignore your customers. It usually means a couple things... that the owner has decided it's a sinking ship and won't invest any more dollars or management doesn't make the necessary adjustments... because they don't know any better. I've seen both... and there are a lot of similarities.

But, like a few others that have posted, I hang around because of the friends I''ve made here. That being said, I still find myself playing a lot more OOTP than I used to.
Same here with OOTP...
4/30/2014 4:04 PM
Is there a person working for WiS that would even be reading this?
4/30/2014 7:49 PM
When I first started back in 2004, the first thing I did was read the forums. There were no threads like this. I wonder what the newbies think when they read this thread.
4/30/2014 8:35 PM
I think "new blood" would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to this site. The bean counters would see more revenue coming in with nothing being re-invested in, let's say, an UPDATE!!!  This topic alone is approaching 2 pages, and like rleo just mentioned, "Is there a person working for WIS that would even be reading this?" Also we probably all can remember the amount of money we invested in just trying to be competitive in an OL, do we really want to see some people get thrown into the sausage grinder of OL's knowing that this is as good as it gets? I personally would warn new comers away from this site. Fox is ignoring all of us, new comers and old timers alike, to the point that it is insulting.

4/30/2014 8:46 PM
Not saying that it is the correct way to run a business but as long as people are still spending cash to play why invest more time and money to appease a veteran group of guys that are playing on accrued credits?
5/1/2014 7:52 AM
I'm just curious but when is the last time anyone heard from admin?
5/1/2014 1:31 PM
Point taken winnetka, but many if not all the veterans on this site I'm sure have helped new comers along with good advice on how to improve in the sim, which in turn keeps new people interested and generates a lot of revenue.  Some genuine interest from Fox to improve this product is needed for everybody, not just credit heavy veterans. That's just the way I see it anyway.
5/1/2014 2:03 PM
Posted by napolean on 5/1/2014 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Point taken winnetka, but many if not all the veterans on this site I'm sure have helped new comers along with good advice on how to improve in the sim, which in turn keeps new people interested and generates a lot of revenue.  Some genuine interest from Fox to improve this product is needed for everybody, not just credit heavy veterans. That's just the way I see it anyway.
very true indeed. 
5/1/2014 3:39 PM
You're not alone. I've been around since 2003 (started with Billyho15, then had to switch to Billyho1515 when I forgot that password and email in 2005).

Around 2006-2008, I would have 10-12 sim baseball teams, 3-4 Hoops Dynasty teams, an NBA team or two. I even screwed around with some football and tried out Gridiron Dynasty. I'd spend my spare time checking out the classifieds and make teams for hours. I would post here and in The Pit whenever I got bored in class. I would play Sim League Live until three in the morning.

Now?

I have two progressive league teams that I'm just kind of hanging with and that's it. I've had a lot of downtime lately with a newborn (not downtime, per se, but not hanging around the house with him), and I thought about adding a new team or two.... but there's nothing worth getting involved with. I got that itch earlier today to create a big spreadsheet for a brand new progressive... and then realized there hasn't been a new progressive in forever and this site is a wasteland.

It's obvious Fox bought the site and then just put it on cruise control. They're not going to invest any resources in it, and just hope to cash a few paychecks until it dies out. They did the same thing with Scout recently before finally selling it off. That might be our only hope to get even a half-decent product again.

I'm sure Tarek got a boatload of money when he sold it to Fox, but I wonder if he ever regrets that, especially seeing what this site has become.
5/3/2014 9:34 PM
I'm getting there, too. I miss the challenge of adjusting to the updates. I also miss the opportunity that the minimum IP and PA restrictions eroded:  to fine-tune a team once the season starts. Cookie cruise-control is becoming a drag.
5/4/2014 7:08 PM
what they do here is make a sim, get people to beta it for free, and use it to predict stuff

they don't care if it is good or accurate

they just want to say "we predict, based upon our sim " so&so beats so&so

for their other websites

we are adjuncts
5/6/2014 1:26 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Disillusioned with WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.