1983 OFP Progressive - FULL Topic

I need one owner for our 1983 Original Franchise Progressive that is ready to go!  I had an owner back out at the last minute due to work issues.  His loss is your gain!  This team has a ton of good players on it.  A lot of them are just entering their prime including Cal Ripken, Jr.  We are entering our 15th season.

16 team league
No DH or AAA (supplied for trades only)
League Format:  Alt WIS Format B (4/4/4/4--4 total playoff teams:  Balanced schedule and No Interleague Play)
No I/R restrictions
Stadium must be the current stadium of one of the original 16 baseball franchises.

Win Floor Rule (note:  this has only come into effect once in 14 seasons)
Win Floor will be set at 35 at the 120 gm mark. If you win 33-34 games, you lose 2 spots in round 1, If you win 30-32 games, you lose 4 spots in round 1, if you win 28-29 games, you lose 6 spots in round 1, if you win 25-27 games, you lose 8 spots in round 1, and if you fail to win at least 25, you bump to the end of round 1.

Example:  Team A wins 32 games and Team B wins 34.  All other teams win at least 35 games.  Team A loses 4 spots and will therefore pick 5th overall (1st >> 5th).  Team B loses 2 spots and will therefore pick 4th (2nd >>4th).  The rest of the draft order is determined by wins at the 120 game mark.  In this example, the first overall pick would go to the team with the worst record who had at least 35 wins.  Team B has 2nd pick, then 2 more picks, then team A with 5th overall pick.  Win floor is not in effect for all other rounds.

4/18/2014 8:21 AM (edited)
Atlanta Braves

Hitters
Rick Dempsey
Terry Kennedy
Steve Garvey
Greg Brock
Harrold Reynolds
Jerry Remy
Carney Lansford
Johnny Lemaster
Cal Ripken
Andy Van Slyke
Al Cowens
Chili Davis
Brian Downing
Mookie Wilson
Dave Parker

Pitchers
Fernando Valenzuela
Dave Stewart
Bob Ojeda
John Candelaria
Fergie Jenkins
Dennis Lamp
Rich Gossage
Bruce Kison
Jerry Koosman

Injured
Rick Mahler
4/18/2014 10:09 AM (edited)
This team is really solid.  One more draft pick needs to be added.  The owner dropped out during the draft due to work obligations.  All teams have been entered into the league except this one and one other team.  We should be playing games soon!  Make the last draft pick and start playing!  Claim your team by posting in this thread or sitemail me with any questions.

Derek
4/18/2014 8:11 AM
This team has been taken
4/18/2014 8:22 PM
1983 OFP Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.