Theme league creators who pick their teams first Topic

Am I being overly suspicious or does something seem "fishy" when a guy creates a theme league and then picks his own teams first? I mean, he's already getting a free team out of the deal and he also cherry picks his team first? Your thoughts...
4/19/2014 8:45 PM
Particularly when the cap is an off the wall number.
4/19/2014 11:10 PM
such a league is less likely to fill because some will avoid it due to perceived unfairness and others will avoid it since it appears the creator is too inexperienced at forming leagues. If it's a good theme idea and the choices are balanced then I wouldn't have a problem with it. He is creating the league he wants and it needs to be fair and interesting enough to attract 23 other owners. If you don't like it your best recourse is don't join.
4/20/2014 2:18 AM
I usually don't join those leagues...especially if it is franchise based.  Maybe some of those league creators will read this thread and change their thinking.
4/20/2014 5:00 AM
Posted by rbow923 on 4/20/2014 2:18:00 AM (view original):
such a league is less likely to fill because some will avoid it due to perceived unfairness and others will avoid it since it appears the creator is too inexperienced at forming leagues. If it's a good theme idea and the choices are balanced then I wouldn't have a problem with it. He is creating the league he wants and it needs to be fair and interesting enough to attract 23 other owners. If you don't like it your best recourse is don't join.
A "balanced solution" for a Commish in such a position would be to pick 13th if, for example, there are 24 teams in the league. The free team the Commish receives is in exchange for the work involved to run the league and should have nothing to do with the quality of the team he drafts.
4/20/2014 10:01 AM
Theme league creators who pick their teams first Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.