Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

Posted by jhunterz on 5/18/2014 11:06:00 AM (view original):
I went ahead and picked up a D3 team just to see what the heck is going on, (had been intending on doing it anyways).  I don't agree with some of the things that were done, but my biggest issue thus far is that we can't even set DOWN AND DISTANCE??????????   What on God's green Earth would make you change it to where no one can set up offense or defense for down and distance?  If not by yardage, then at least put in the words Long, Medium and Short!  If a new coach is so ignorant that he can't figure that out, then I highly doubt he/she is smart enough to do much else on here!!  Oh wait, all they obviously need to be smart enough to do is click "purchase more seasons".  Huge FAIL!!!!!
I agree with that.  But an even worse problem is the 80% limit on play calling.  Why would you FORCE a coach to run 20% of the time when he wants to pass 100%.  Or FORCE him to run 20% of the time in his 2 minute offense?  That is just plain nuts!!!
6/4/2014 3:33 AM
How many new coaches posted on this thread saying they like it?
6/4/2014 3:38 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? I created playbooks for all my GD teams based on how I wanted my teams to play. Now my D3 team has only the original playbooks, my custom playbooks are gone, AND I cannot import playbooks from my other worlds!

If the idea was to incentivize me to move up to D2, it's failed. If I have to re-create all my D3 playbooks, I'll just quit.
6/4/2014 10:07 AM
Posted by joseph77703 on 6/4/2014 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Has anyone else had this problem? I created playbooks for all my GD teams based on how I wanted my teams to play. Now my D3 team has only the original playbooks, my custom playbooks are gone, AND I cannot import playbooks from my other worlds!

If the idea was to incentivize me to move up to D2, it's failed. If I have to re-create all my D3 playbooks, I'll just quit.
All mine went with me to d2 but as far as d3. I assume their gone.
6/4/2014 4:02 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 6/4/2014 3:38:00 AM (view original):
I am a new coach and I hate it more then any sim sports game I have played. Can not wait to get out of D-III. What this company did is just plan wrong. I can't even get a feel for the game to see if my style will work against the better coaches. Huge fail, if they did this to help new coaches then I am laughing how unclose to the truth this D-III product is. I feel like I will be even more behind the 8-ball moving up to D-II. If they wanted to dumb it down then the option should have been there and not  force everyone to do it. Ridiculous.

6/11/2014 8:07 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 4/23/2014 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for all the input and the well wishes everyone :)

When we heard the idea for a tutorial we knew that it was a great idea, in fact we had been contemplating something similar for a long time. In response we constructed the new interface to guide you though the pages like a tutorial might, easing the pain points and creating a much easier flow to construct the game plan that is desired. I know that there will be a some veteran users will see this thread and immediately be off-put by the creation of a new interface. I also know that some of our longest tenured veterans have been longing for a interface that will allow them to control their team like they want. Our first goal in this change was to ease pain points, and this we have done well. The second was to give as much control while reducing the complexity, this we have also done quite well. While you are reading this thread you will think the sky is falling, that much is already clear. Just remember, at What If we are striving to create a game that will not only keep the veterans happy, but also update a game that will make it fun to play. Before you give up on this, try the new features. I actually think that you will like them. Perhaps that's just me being optimistic and enjoying playing this game again, but as a veteran who has been with a while, I implore you to give this new interface a try before you condemn the unknown.  

HAHAHA.

The sky already fell dude. Get over yourselves and admit that you don't care about customer. My bud plays the college basketball dynasty your company runs. Now that is a management teams that knows what its doing. Yours is a bunch of headless chickens.
6/11/2014 8:14 PM
Since you guys never look at support tickets anymore I'll just say this here. My game today, I have my chew clock offense gameplan in. My team is up 7-3 against a top 10 team and calls a timeout with a minute to go in the half, then comes back and throws an INT and now we are down 10-7 at halftime. Fix your engine!!! There is no reason with very conservative and run clock settings on should a team call a timeout when leading and at mid field. I mean he will probably blow me out in the 2nd half, but if I lose by less than a TD then you basically handed the game over to him.
6/12/2014 7:44 AM
My screens are all screwed up, and I cannot import game and practice plans that I know are working. Am I supposed to recreate the wheel for a new or existing team? Cannot even see the player individual practice settings.
6/12/2014 5:12 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 6/4/2014 3:38:00 AM (view original):
None!!  3.1 is a disaster.  
6/13/2014 1:45 AM
Why don't you check the support tickets!!!
6/27/2014 12:24 PM
We have a guy in our league who's QB's have thrown over 240 TD's over the last 4 years with 0...yes I said 0 interceptions... No drops, QB hurried INT"s, no tipped passes. This engine is so much worse than version 2... Waste of money.
9/27/2014 8:47 AM
I'm enjoying it so far. Cheer up people.
1/9/2015 7:42 AM
Im a new player just trying it out. 

Im disappointed with not having advanced features in D3. I have to pay for half a month an I don't get the full features? It puts me behind on learning the complexities that i could be during my first d3 season.

Most sims require a building period, and this game looks no different. 

I have played another sim for quite awhile (goalunited), and it took me a year to finally understand what i was doing. Albeit it was free to play with option to purchase advanced features. The difference there is you had one team with a promotion/relegation system. So the advanced players were in the higher leagues while the lower played against more teams their lvl for the first few seasons (while they developed thier teams and understanding of the game. I think that type of system would work wonders for this game. Divisions would be filled out by performance of teams. Although this will take away from the alignment of conferences and the such. 

With that said im willing to try this out. 

1/23/2015 5:32 PM
I posted a rant in the guide to the game thread that I thought should be cross posted as a request in here. It seems that even at D2 and up, coaches are restricted to the slider for 4th down play calling. Even the most aggressive option on the slider is still very conservative in a lot of spots. This includes forcing you to punt on 4th and 3 on the opp 39 or worse, among others. If anyone is reading this, more aggressive options would be greatly appreciated, if not something even more detailed that allowed for inputting your own set of distance to go and field position yardages.

If anyone else would like to see more 4th down flexibility or a more aggressive option on the slider, I would appreciate you vocalizing your support. Thanks!
12/15/2015 11:25 AM (edited)
nm
5/11/2016 4:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.