OCP - sabre rattle'n & other nefarius comments. Topic

Dude could jump outta the gym...

4/29/2014 8:49 PM
well, yeah... wilt could jump that high having an unknown Jayhawk shooting lighting bolts at his feet!
4/29/2014 8:54 PM
Oh yeah, what is that?  I didn't notice that.
4/29/2014 8:58 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 4/29/2014 8:55:00 PM (view original):
well, yeah... wilt could jump that high having an unknown Jayhawk shooting lighting bolts at his feet!
hahha...nice.
4/30/2014 12:19 AM
what cracks me up, though is the look on number 8's face... "holy s h i t, that cat can jump!"
4/30/2014 12:24 AM
So, I'm thinking of trying to start a new progressive. I'm trying to think of a unique way to do it - I'm not sure if this has been done, but what about a reverse progressive? Starting with 13-14 (once defensive adjustments are made) draft 13-14 players and the years go backwards regarding what year you have to use and what years are drafted. This might alleviate the need to use a lump sum of years (e.g. 54-65 or something) to start a league due to lack of players.

any thoughts...? The OCP is only my second progressive I've done, so I welcome any input.
4/30/2014 3:31 PM
zizzo ran a regressive league...i joined late, but they started sometime in the late 2000s and made it all the way to the early 80s before it fizzled out...we had to add 60s players in 87 i think...it was a fun league...id do one again
4/30/2014 3:41 PM
I think I'll go ahead and post it in the forum. We have a bit before 13-14 adjustments are made...maybe enough time to drum up enthusiasm. 
4/30/2014 3:49 PM
Ok, go ahead and sign up. KTHANKSBYE.
4/30/2014 4:22 PM
Nice picks by coach tho.
4/30/2014 5:55 PM
still a whole lot to learn ... 
4/30/2014 9:20 PM
I think coach tho is doing great with these picks. Who knows what nate would have done but couldnt have done much better
5/1/2014 8:49 PM
Well the general consensus is that I got taken by logain...understandable I suppose, and I might have been able to get a 6th out of him instead of a 7th, but (1) I didn't want to hold up the draft negotiating and (2) I was happy enough with the terms. It's true I moved down 18 spots without a huge return, but the most valuable thing (to me) that I got in return is the ability to have two sets of picks almost right next to each other later in the draft. 

Nash is a guy I was strongly considering picking there, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to cover for his defense, plus he and Howard would have given me a huge amount turnovers right off the bat.

5/2/2014 9:30 AM
yea i think you might have doomed us....nash is an elite player in this league with 5 really good seasons...you had to know logain was gonna take him to pair with shaq/durant....you should have made him give up a 4th,6th, and 7th to get him

the trade itself isnt shockingly bad...moving back some to pick up an extra pick(you can still probably get quality guys in the 7th...10th? not so much)...its the fact you made it with logain, who already ripped off nate and now has a super trio that could dominate the league

5/2/2014 2:09 PM
has anyone won a title with Nash recently, though? Maybe you - didn't you have a really good Nash/Howard team or something like that? Nash is very good, huge assists and efficiency that I may regret passing on in the long run, but he only has 1-2 seasons with even 40 defense, doesn't rebound the ball, and turns it over a ton. He is an elite offensive player, but I wouldn't call him an elite "player" overall with those fairly significant warts.

Look - logain has a really good start, but I think you're underselling what he gave up to get those three guys. Even with me not exacting much of a price from him, he only has one pick left before the 8th round, and he still has some fairly significant holes to fill. He has three great offensive players, but he badly needs both offensive rebounding and defense from his other picks, and it won't be easy to get those things late in this draft without some pretty big negatives attached.
5/2/2014 2:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
OCP - sabre rattle'n & other nefarius comments. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.