Using Intra squad games as a learning tool Topic

Intra squad games are an integral part of any sport allowing "live" action and competition within the daily practice schedule. With this in mind it would seem logical and realistic that if a coach could have a series of intrasquad games during which the coach could learn the game and evaluate his talent during these "scrimmages" by using his teams offense vs. his teams defense. These intra squad scrimmages could be scheduled on open dates during the recruiting period and would allow "ALL" coaches to learn and experiment with new ideas on the practice field rather than on gameday. Due to various levels of commitment to the game I would suggest a maximum of 3 intra squad scrimmages. For the same reason player and formation growth would not be measured during these scrimmages.

4/25/2014 9:02 AM
There was a "test game" feature in the beta version that essentially did this.  I think most want it, but for some reason WIS did not include it in 3.0 and has not addressed it since.

It would be a HUGE benefit to all coaches, and I agree, it would really help new coaches figure out formations and player positioning.

These are the kinds of things that could be implemented across all levels, that would benefit newbies and veterans alike.
4/25/2014 9:19 AM
Great idea - I would love to see this!
4/25/2014 9:49 AM
agreed. Great idea here.      

4/25/2014 11:26 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/25/2014 9:19:00 AM (view original):
There was a "test game" feature in the beta version that essentially did this.  I think most want it, but for some reason WIS did not include it in 3.0 and has not addressed it since.

It would be a HUGE benefit to all coaches, and I agree, it would really help new coaches figure out formations and player positioning.

These are the kinds of things that could be implemented across all levels, that would benefit newbies and veterans alike.
I was going to say that I thought I remembered this existing somewhere.
The only problem I see is that somebody who has the inclination and time to perform thousands of tests and the knowledge of statistics to analyze the data could "break the code" (by knowing both offensive and defensive settings for all situations), but that wouldn't be an issue if they limited the quantity of intra-squad games you could Sim each season.  
4/25/2014 11:48 AM
I don't see a problem with "breaking the code".  I think that is part of the game.  Example:  kudos to jfootballdaleearnhardtjrsnumber for his exploits.  When you find a weakness, with the engine or the opposition, you exploit the hell out of it.

You may have heard of that coach/team (high school I think) that does onsides kick every time.  They exploit that part of the game.  Strange, but it works.  
4/25/2014 12:56 PM
I think the intrasquad would be a nice feature; however, I would like some "randomness" to it.  Meaning, that something that might work an intrasquad game might not always work in a game against another opponent.  In real life, something that looks great in practice doesn't always translate well to another opponent.  Just a thought.  
4/25/2014 3:13 PM
Intrasquad  has been put out there for several years - not seasons - now but has fallen on def ears.
4/26/2014 7:10 PM
Using Intra squad games as a learning tool Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.